Peugeot 208 Forums banner
481 - 487 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody. I am a new Peugeot 208 owner. I have Peugeot 208, 2012 version, and I have SMEG audio unit. I wanted to upgrade the unit to the latest firmware 3.21 R1. (I had v.3.0)

1. I formatted a USB drive in FAT32
2. Downloaded latest firmware 3.21 R1
3. Extracted inside the USB stick
4. Turned engine on
5. Inserted USB
6. Unit recognized the update file
7. Message appeared that I have "this version" and will updated to "that version"
8. System rebooted
9. Bluescreen appeared with update details
10. System started "file check"
11. After 1-2 minutes check reached 100%
12. Message prompt " System must reboot" 5,4,3,2,1
13. Screen went black.... System DEAD.

Waited for around 20 minutes with engine on but nothing happened

What I have tried
1. Press buttons to hard reset unit (nothing happened)
2. Disconnect car's battery (nothing happened)
3. Disconnect car's battery for more than 2 hours (nothing happened)
4. Formatted USB using Rufus in order to create autorun files along with the firmware files. (nothing happened)
5. Removed fuse 18 and insert it again (nothing happened)

Any ideas before going to a Peugeot dealer? Thank you in advance

go to dealer radio ain't gonna work after a firmware fail

you shouldn't mess with a firmware update once dead that tends to be that (new radio time big cost)

·
Registered
3 Posts
go to dealer radio ain't gonna work after a firmware fail

you shouldn't mess with a firmware update once dead that tends to be that (new radio time big cost)
Hello all,
So I have a bricked Smeg v. 30HR6 Navi and each unit spare number 98 018 431 80

I found a pre-used part of a SMEG+ Navi unit
v. 52CR1 with spare part number 98 110 655 80

also I can find SMEG+ non-Navi
v. 52CR1 with spare part number 98 110 661 80

Is it going to work by keeping the same display? The connectors at the back are the same. I tried to talk with 4 different Peugeot distributors here in Greece but no one was able to answer my question. They do not know if it is going to be compatible.
Only one person told me that it should work, but then you have to go to Peugeot service and match new unit with new VIN since the unit is going to beep all the time.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello all,
So I have a bricked Smeg v. 30HR6 Navi and each unit spare number 98 018 431 80

I found a pre-used part of a SMEG+ Navi unit
v. 52CR1 with spare part number 98 110 655 80

also I can find SMEG+ non-Navi
v. 52CR1 with spare part number 98 110 661 80

Is it going to work by keeping the same display? The connectors at the back are the same. I tried to talk with 4 different Peugeot distributors here in Greece but no one was able to answer my question. They do not know if it is going to be compatible.
Only one person told me that it should work, but then you have to go to Peugeot service and match new unit with new VIN since the unit is going to beep all the time.

Thank you in advance

Contact me via private message. I might have a solution for your.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Merryxmas all.. I have a 208 gti no sat nav .. cannot get the Smeg number.. tried power button. Src button by holding them down no joy.. do I need Smeg or Smeg plus ? Need help .. I have brain damage and don’t understand x

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have Peugeot 2008 2014 with SMEG unit firmware 3.17.A.R3, I need croatian language for my unit. Is 3.21. firmware multilingual, or language can not be changed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi can anyone help please, just got a 2016 2008, radio and screen keep restarting. Sadly I messed about and screen doesn't work at all, radio dose, but still restarting. Ordered a replacement screen and header unit, where can I get latest software from please.

481 - 487 of 487 Posts