Hi everybody. I am a new Peugeot 208 owner. I have Peugeot 208, 2012 version, and I have SMEG audio unit. I wanted to upgrade the unit to the latest firmware 3.21 R1. (I had v.3.0)
1. I formatted a USB drive in FAT32
2. Downloaded latest firmware 3.21 R1
3. Extracted inside the USB stick
4. Turned engine on
5. Inserted USB
6. Unit recognized the update file
7. Message appeared that I have "this version" and will updated to "that version"
8. System rebooted
9. Bluescreen appeared with update details
10. System started "file check"
11. After 1-2 minutes check reached 100%
12. Message prompt " System must reboot" 5,4,3,2,1
13. Screen went black.... System DEAD.
Waited for around 20 minutes with engine on but nothing happened
What I have tried
1. Press buttons to hard reset unit (nothing happened)
2. Disconnect car's battery (nothing happened)
3. Disconnect car's battery for more than 2 hours (nothing happened)
4. Formatted USB using Rufus in order to create autorun files along with the firmware files. (nothing happened)
5. Removed fuse 18 and insert it again (nothing happened)
Any ideas before going to a Peugeot dealer? Thank you in advance
go to dealer radio ain't gonna work after a firmware fail
you shouldn't mess with a firmware update once dead that tends to be that (new radio time big cost)