Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Does anybody know if Peugeot have a portal that we can log into to download the latest software / firmware for our in car touch screens.

I know updates come out all the time, and it can be a pain when you have to keep taking it back to the garage!

It would make sense that we could access some kind of website to do this ourselves?

Does anybody know what the latest version is by any chance? I have a 208 Feline, and I heard that the latest software for this models allows voice controls?

Thanks

Matt

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, I would love to be able to just download firmware/software but according to my dealer the firmware is model/options specific. When I bought my 208 it didn't have reversing sensors but I was told I could have them added later. The later has now arrived but the dealer now tells me they won't integrate with the touchscreen since this would involve changing out the touchscreen for another version. The implication being that the touchscreen features are a combination of hardware and firmware. I would have thought it would make economic sense for the touchscreen to be able to handle any features purely by the use of firmware so that later additions to the car could be more easily implemented but perhaps Peugeot see things differently.
To say that I am annoyed by this is a bit of an understatement.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
totally agree with you! I have just asked about adding the parking assist (with already having rear sensors but no front) and was informed that it was a factory only install, a trip to France may be in order!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bad move on the park assist I have just recently been given the go ahead to swap my intuitive for a gti because of the park assist failing to work. They cannot replace the ecu if it has a problem they dont have the parts avaulable although its a factory fitted option

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Thx for the info anyway it was just a whim, wont be going ahead with it. Keep an eye on your front wheel arches if have the GTI, mine collapsed at the top getting them replaced tomorrow, hope its a one off:)I think the GTI is great fun though, loving it:)

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi Kash, that's a worrying statement. The thought that some problems cannot be corrected by factory trained mechanics (sorry automotive engineers) is enough to deter anyone from buying Peugeot. Hardly a good advert for prospective purchasers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its only the intuitive model which is very rare to get hold of. They can fix it but 'process and procedure' wins everytime! I had enough they offer the park assist as a factory fitted option but they cannot get the part from the factory. I now have a gti for the inconvenience they caused me all at no extra cost!

·
Registered
6 Posts
so we don't have a website with 208 updates ???

in user's manual it's described how to use usb drive and radio panel to update car's system but it doesnt say where to find the update though..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't seen anything about updates in my manual, possibly it has been added in a newer revision. If so, it might suggest Peugeot areplanning to make the updates publicly available in future.At the moment the only official way to update is to take it to a dealer.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
You have to register your sat nav with peugot then you should receive your SMEG updates by email, to down load on to a dongle to upload on to your sat-nav :)

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Just booked my car in for first year service and asked about software updates. Dealer reckons they can do it but it can change things. Anyone had it done and know what he's referring to? Also has anyone had the aftermarket dab system fitted (remote) controller option and have opinion on it? Have a great weekend all

·
Registered
4 Posts
I updated my SMEG to 3.17.Work faster,smoother audio control and most important: radio remembers the volume or mute.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Kranu,
Did you update the SMEG yourself or take it into a Dealer? If you did it yourself, where did you get the update files from?

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
What if you're in Australia, and your lovely touch screen doesn't have SatNav?can you still update to new system?
I am finding so many buggy things in mine

1 - 20 of 437 Posts