Peugeot 208 Forums banner
461 - 480 of 487 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
That's what I used. I'm thinking it's cus the files are inside a folder on the stick. I'm going to try without it in a folder tomorrow.

Fingers crossed that works.
the RAR file is an Archive just like a zip file, you must extract the contents of "6.4.A.R10" directory into the root folder of a USB drive formatted with FAT32

like so:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I know that, if I didn't then I definitely shouldn't be driving 😄

But see how your files are listed? Well mine are in a folder that I've then dragged and dropped onto a fat32 USB stick.

Tomorrow I'll try without a folder.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Updating rarely fixes anything. There is no change log and if anything may affect the Bluetooth sound as I had already posted here and over that GPSPower.

Doing the update yourself is only the first part of the update. The second part is done via access to Peugeot servers with a calibration file.

The next part is taken from Peugeot servicebox
This is their words not mine.

Code:
Update the SMEG+i V2 software, following the procedure below :
Start the engine
Wait 30 seconds after the displaying of the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system home page
Connect the USB software update key to one of the USB ports
Approximately one minute after insertion of the USB stick, when a window opens with a message to start the update, click on "Yes"
The SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system will then restart within 4 minutes maximum and start the update
Get out of the vehicle during the update
In succession a black screen, then displaying of the logo, then a blue screen
At the end of the update, the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system restarts on the current application (presence of sound if this was present before starting the update) and the same update request message will appear for 30 seconds. Click on "NO". After 30 seconds, the message disappears
Disconnect the USB stick
Press and hold (press maintained for 5 seconds) the "Settings" menu
Select : System version
View the software version displayed
If the software version is 6.40A R10 : The update has proceeded correctly
If the software version is lower than 6.40A R10 : Start the procedure again
Switch off the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system observing the following procedure : Switch off the ignition, make sure that all the doors are closed and wait 2 minutes during which no manipulation must be done on the vehicle

YOU NOW MUST DO THIS IF YOU ARE UPGRADING

2.3.3. SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system calibration update / configuration procedure
CAUTION : The diagnostic tool must be at the latest update version available on the server
CAUTION : If this SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system calibration update is not carried out, the audio quality of telephone communications will be seriously affected
N.B. : An update of the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system calibration is needed in the case of the software version being lower than 6.40A R10 before a software update
audio-navigation system calibration update procedure :
Select the "repair" menu
Select the SMEG_PLUS ECU. Confirm
Select the "Download" menu then "Download a new calibration version"
N.B. : Contact technical assistance in the case of an error code CH002 being displayed on the diagnostic tool
Perform an automatic configuration of the SMEG+I V2 radio-navigation.

Most people never do the second part and most experience no issues, however it can and will affect some.

If it does then it’s a trip to a dealership to have them calibrate the headunit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Just a word of warning AGAIN this can affect your bluetooth audio quality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm just wanting the rebooting to be fixed. Currently it seems to have stopped though but it could return I suppose.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
I'm just wanting the rebooting to be fixed. Currently it seems to have stopped though but it could return I suppose.
On my old 2016 GTi Prestige mine would reboot only when I sync'd my Phone with Bluetooth. this was with an old phone - OnePlus 2. newer phones I didn't have this issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same issue many people seem to be having with my touchscreen constantly resetting.

I understand that I need to update my firmware I have downloaded the new firmware from mega . nz - I have it on a FAT32 USB and was going to update it but I just wanted to check with you if this is the correct procedure or if there is anything else that I will need to do?

My current firmware information is as follows:

System - SMEG6.1.D.R19
CD: 30489
Date: 23/11/15

Bluetooth - 1.2.0

Display - 40.20

Any assistance you can give me would be awesome as this problem is really bugging me, I use my car a lot for long journeys due to work and its painful having the radio constantly turning on/off

I spoke to my local Peugeot garage and as the car is now out of warranty they want to charge £84 to carry out a diagnosic and then another £58 to fix it which seems a scandelous amount for what seems a fairly straightforward job!

All the best and I hope someone can help me thanks

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Please note that updating the firmware is only one part of the update process.

here are the instructions from Servicebox.

Code:
Start the engine
Wait 30 seconds after the displaying of the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system home page
Connect the USB software update key to one of the USB ports
Approximately one minute after insertion of the USB stick, when a window opens with a message to start the update, click on "Yes"
The SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system will then restart within 4 minutes maximum and start the update
Get out of the vehicle during the update
In succession a black screen, then displaying of the logo, then a blue screen
At the end of the update, the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system restarts on the current application (presence of sound if this was present before starting the update) and the same update request message will appear for 30 seconds. Click on "NO". After 30 seconds, the message disappears
Disconnect the USB stick
Press and hold (press maintained for 5 seconds) the "Settings" menu
Select : System version
View the software version displayed
If the software version is 6.40A R10 : The update has proceeded correctly
If the software version is lower than 6.40A R10 : Start the procedure again
Switch off the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system observing the following procedure : Switch off the ignition, make sure that all the doors are closed and wait 2 minutes during which no manipulation must be done on the vehicle

YOU NOW MUST DO THIS IF YOU ARE UPGRADING

2.3.3. SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system calibration update / configuration procedure
CAUTION : The diagnostic tool must be at the latest update version available on the server
CAUTION : If this SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system calibration update is not carried out, the audio quality of telephone communications will be seriously affected
N.B. : An update of the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system calibration is needed in the case of the software version being lower than 6.40A R10 before a software update
audio-navigation system calibration update procedure :
Select the "repair" menu
Select the SMEG_PLUS ECU. Confirm
Select the "Download" menu then "Download a new calibration version"
N.B. : Contact technical assistance in the case of an error code CH002 being displayed on the diagnostic tool
Perform an automatic configuration of the SMEG+I V2 radio-navigation.
now if you do not have access to Peugeots online Servers to get the calibration done you need to get a dealership to do this. (at cost)

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
If you experience Bluetooth issues yes

SMEG updates (firmware) were never designed to be done by the customer. Only map updates.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok thanks for your help, I will give an update a try myself and if I run into issues then I will take it in for the calibration. What I cant get is why when the car was under warranty and I took it in for service as part of my service plan they didnt update the firmware then? Surely this should be part of the service plan if the resetting is a known issue? Very poor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok thanks for your help, I will give an update a try myself and if I run into issues then I will take it in for the calibration. What I cant get is why when the car was under warranty and I took it in for service as part of my service plan they didnt update the firmware then? Surely this should be part of the service plan if the resetting is a known issue? Very poor
I posted on here a couple of weeks ago cost me a new head unit £597 and that included a 50% contribution from Peugeot ! Basically the system they use is crap. Even the new one has cut out once already. They guarantee it for 12 months big deal ! Good luck.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Firmwares are only updated if you have issues.

Our hybrid2 3008 had 13 software updates applied to fix charging issues to system and took two days to do it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I have tried to update using my USB but I just get an error message come up saying "Error. No media files."

Has anyone else run into this? See below the file directory and properties of my USB stick I am using

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since i am a new user to this community, I can't send you a DM, can You maybe contact me instead?

Hi
I'm also a new user and can't send Alhambra82 a DM. Alhambra82 I've noticed you've helped many Peugeot 208 owners who have an issue with their multi media unit rebooting frequently when driving, making it unusable. On my 2016 reg 208, the system version is SMEG6.1.D.R19, CD 30489, dated 23/11/15; Bluetooth 1.2.0 CD: 30489, dated 23/11/15; display software 40.20, CD 30489, dated 23/11/15. Please would you be able to advise if there is a newer version I can update to? If so, could you send me a link and if possible a simple guide to installing it? Kind regards A

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I´m also I new user and I cant send Alhambra82 a DM :(

I have a Citroen C4 (2015) with current version SMEG6.05.D.R8 (dated 27-02-15) that I would like to upgrade. Main reason for upgrading is that the infotainment system reboots intermittently many times (30+) per hour and I have read that an update could solve this issue.

Could anyone help me get the latest software and help with upgrading instructions? :)

Regards
Ann

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I´m also I new user and I cant send Alhambra82 a DM :(

I have a Citroen C4 (2015) with current version SMEG6.05.D.R8 (dated 27-02-15) that I would like to upgrade. Main reason for upgrading is that the infotainment system reboots intermittently many times (30+) per hour and I have read that an update could solve this issue.

Could anyone help me get the latest software and help with upgrading instructions? :)

Regards
Ann
Hi I waited a week or so and then was able to DM Alhambra82 who replied and helped me out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everybody. I am a new Peugeot 208 owner. I have Peugeot 208, 2012 version, and I have SMEG audio unit. I wanted to upgrade the unit to the latest firmware 3.21 R1. (I had v.3.0)

1. I formatted a USB drive in FAT32
2. Downloaded latest firmware 3.21 R1
3. Extracted inside the USB stick
4. Turned engine on
5. Inserted USB
6. Unit recognized the update file
7. Message appeared that I have "this version" and will updated to "that version"
8. System rebooted
9. Bluescreen appeared with update details
10. System started "file check"
11. After 1-2 minutes check reached 100%
12. Message prompt " System must reboot" 5,4,3,2,1
13. Screen went black.... System DEAD.

Waited for around 20 minutes with engine on but nothing happened

What I have tried
1. Press buttons to hard reset unit (nothing happened)
2. Disconnect car's battery (nothing happened)
3. Disconnect car's battery for more than 2 hours (nothing happened)
4. Formatted USB using Rufus in order to create autorun files along with the firmware files. (nothing happened)
5. Removed fuse 18 and insert it again (nothing happened)

Any ideas before going to a Peugeot dealer? Thank you in advance

461 - 480 of 487 Posts