Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a strange issue with the wipers on my THP 156. Except for when you have washing fluid (lubricant) on the windscreen, the wipers sort of bounce/chatter across the windscreen. This happens even when there is a fair amount of rain on the screen. It is particularly noticeable when the wipers are inintermittent mode or at medium speed.I had my dealer check this out today and they said the wipers were deteriorated so they replaced them on my dime (£72). The car is only just 4 months old, it wouldn't have spent more than 75 hours under daylight as I park in garages at work and at home.
On the way home from the dealership it was raining quite hard today. Although the movement of the wipers are much better, you can still see and hear them vibrating as they sweep the screen.
Do Peugeot OEM wipers only have a lifespan of a few months?
I called the Dealership while driving home to report that this issue is not completely resolved. I'll drop it off again next week for them to investigate further.
Can anyone suggest a possible cause and/or solution. It is very distracting!
Appreciate all advice.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Try cleaning your windscreen and blades with a good windscreen cleaner. I find this usually makes the work better.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Hi esterhazy - also have a THP156 feline and not had any issues with wipers - car is not garaged so it is outside in all weathers and no sign of blades deteriorating - could it be something to do with the type of screenwash you use reactign with the rubber - just a thought but might be worth trying a different brand.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice people. This morning I cleaned and then clayed the windscreen. Operation of the wipers seemed smoother driving into work. Maybe the root cause was just a bad case of contamination? Was the car sitting in acid rain at the port waiting to be shipped out?This weekend I will polish the windscreen, clean it and clay it again and then apply two coats of Rain-X. I have been using the Rain-X washer additive for a few months now.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Good call with the Rain X, used it on all my cars and it works a treat (even the off roader toy). I use a glass polish and then rain x on top and i'v never (touch wood) had wiper judder

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What glass polish did you use? Yesterday I did the clean, clay, polish (with Rain-X Extreme), Rain-X twice routine. And then the weather cleared up so I will have to wait for the next rainy day to see what happens at highway speeds.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
The wipers on my 208 do exactly the same and it drives me crazy!

I have tried cleaning the wiper blades and have the ducksback rain treatment on my windscreen but it still makes the very annoying and stupid juddery noise when ever I use my wipers, except, when using them with the washers!

It's good to see its not just me experiencing this!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Highly recommend you clean, clay, polish and then seal with a high quality sealant (I am going to try Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109 on my windows and Head and Tail Lights next). It does make a difference. I think these 208's must be exposed to some serious contamination or that some windscreens have not been finished well.

PS. If you bring this problem to the attention of the dealer they will tell you that it is your wipers that havedeteriorated and that is not covered under warrantee so cough up £72 to fit replacements. That is what happened to me.

Edited by: esterhazy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts