27K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  kimiraikkonen 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

Ive just got my new 208 but some one hit my wing mirror
the indicator lens is smashed on it does anyone know how to replace it

Thanks Henry

#10 ·
adi2311 said:
Hi,New to the 208 owners club and like what i see.

But.........can someone help me?
i need to replace the passenger side wing mirror unit. was wandering if anyone knows how and what will i need to do the job?

Thanks

You can get all the parts from peugeot i believe, and about page 164 (don't quote me, it's under wing mirror bulbs or something) in the manual should be a great help for you,

#15 ·
just replaced the side repeater lens unit on my OH's 208 after having it smashed by some little coconut, but its still not lighting up ie indicating.Motor to the mirror still working and old bulb does actually still appear to be intact internally....(not yet tried it in the passenger side but might just bell it through to check continuity ifI can.

Any ideas where to start? Im presuming its a lose connection of sorts but it could be anywhere???
bulb on other mirror still indicating so Im presuming its not a fuse...

cheers all in advance

#16 ·
Hi,
Same problem here, I have the part but can't see how to get the mirror glass out. Do I insert the screwdriver behind the black plastic mirror base? It's about 1/2" thick and has the mirror moulded into it. I have tried but the plastic has started to crack. Or am I supposed to separate the glass from this black moulding somehow? The user manual doesn't help much as it just shows a drawing of the glass with no base.
Thanks

#17 ·
NickyNoogle said:
Hi, page 164 of the user manual explains how to disassemble the door mirrors (in order to change the bulb) so I'm guessing that the lens can be removed/replaced at the same time.
My right wing mirror's folding mechanisim is broken and it's not being fold. It needs to be replaced. Dealer will do it, but i'm curious how they'll do it.

There's no need to open the door car, is there? :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.