Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After its service we can't seem to locate the wheel locking nut, garage say they gave it back but its nowhere to be found.

Is there a way of getting a new one without having to get a whole new set of wheel nuts? Can't seem to locate them anywhere - I know its said they are all coded to each set of bolts but unsure what to do now.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Think the dealer should be able to get a new nut based on the cars VIN. Be warned, its much cheaper buying a whole set of studs (that come with TWO nuts). Garage should be able to drill out the old studs.
I found this out the hard way when the tyre fitter knackered my locking nut :(

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
That's not true at all! There are plenty of places you can email a picture of the pattern on your locking wheel nut to and they can match it. The other possibility is that you might have the piece of card or paper with the code for your locking wheel nut on it still?

You can get a new key for under a tenner. I can even point you in the direction of someone who can get you one

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Well that was my experience with my RCZ JBD. I was gonna be £50+ for solely the nut, but under £30 for a complete set.
I think I'd be wary of getting a new stud matched from some random place, at least you know the Pug one will fit......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi JBD,

I'm in a similar position in that I think the garage have lost my locking wheel nut.

You say you know places where you can get a replacement - could you point me in the direction of any of them please?

·
Registered
1 Posts
HiLost my locking wheel nut key. You mentioned that you can point me in the direction of someone who can supply one from a photo? hopefully you can help.
Regards
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
I left my 208 in the garage and expend 45 he can not remove one nut, and next day another guy from wheels nut remove and expend another 1:30 finally remove all 4 nuts but charge me £130. So the best way, find someone to remove and. Replace for standard nuts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts