Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the original tyres supplied on the 208 THP 156 in the UK and in France?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine's only the 1.4 VTi, and this is Sweden so doesn't directly answer your question, but I was surprised to find Bridgestone Ecopias on mine when I picked it up. I'd have thought, and it's been the case in the past, that it would be on Michelins (I'd have expected Energy Savers on mine and perhaps Pilot Sports on the THP).

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My THP was fitted with Bridgestone Potenza's. I would have also expected Michelins or Continentals (which were fitted on my wife's RenaultCliowhen she bought it in 2003). My 2010 Pug 207 Touring Outdoor came fitted with Bridgestone Turanza's. These had very poor life (less than 2 years of careful driving). I replaced them with Michelins.

Sounds like Peugeot has a partnership with Bridgestone. If the Bridgestones on my new THP don't last, probably would consider Michelins' for milage or Continentals' for grip.

I wonder what would be the favourate tyre for a THP in Europe?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can vouch forthe Michelin Pilot Sport IIIs- I have them on the V70 which pumps out nigh on 260bhp (Stage 1 remap), solid as a rock. The older Pilot Sports tramlined though on my 607, where I thought the NokiansI had on the other 607 were brilliant in the dry but useless in the wet (just to point out, it was their summer tyres. Nokian are otherwise reknowned for their winter tyresand Hakkapeliitta Rs are what I use on the Volvo in winter - wouldn't see much need for them in Perth mind you...
).

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I have read, theMichelin Pilot Sport IIIs sounds like a good bet when it comes time to replace the existing tyres. The current Bridgestones aren't bad mind you but they don't give me the feedback and grip I came to expect from previousMichelin's andContinentals.

You are right about Perth driving conditions not being very demanding. The weather was one of the reasons I put down roots here when I was roaming the world in the 70's. Took a left hand turn at Chennai (then Madras) on a whim and found my self 'passing through' Perth. We only buy summer tyres here that have good wet grip. Mind you the summers are very hot and long but the winters mild. I have never seen snow in 40 years here. That and ice is something I don't miss. I grew up in New York City and had my taste of driving in terrible conditions. I expect that Gothenburg, in the winter particularly, is a very demanding environment.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
For what it's worth, in Australia I just took an Allure Sport for a test drive. It's the top of the 208 range here (until the GTi is launched) and has the THP 156 (115 kW in our language). It's fitted with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it would seem that Bridgestones are OEM equipment on many of the Peugeot models now. I have no real complaint about that as my 208 Allure Sport corners and brakes well. I had just come to expect eitherMichelin's or Continentals on the European cars that I have purchased in Australia over the years.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I got Bridgestone ecopia's in 185/65/15's. Ans the haven't scrubbed in yet after 700 miles :) never had any problems with the life of any Bridgestone tyres I'v had

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was very disappointed with the Bridgestone Turanza's that were fitted to my 2010 207 Hdi Touring Outdoor. They were toast after 2 years and 30K Klms (18K miles) of careful driving on good roads. I have never had tyres wear out after such a short time/distance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts