Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im running 2,3 on all 4 tyres.What about you, and whats your experience regarding fuel-consumption etc. ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 208 1.6 eHDI Allure 5-door came with standard 16inch alloys on low profile tyres. I had these swapped at first service for 15inch steels on standard profile tyres (I don't like alloys).

Recently I checked the tyre pressures all round and found them to be 2.9 bar all round !!!! The panel on the B-pillar suggests that they should be 2.3 f and 2.1 r. But are these pressures still correct for the downgraded 15inch wheels and tyres ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
2.3? Damn that's much!
In my town in sedan/limo cars people use 1.9, 2.0 max (especially taxi drivers)
dunno if for hatchbacks it should be even more

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
The tyre pressures are the same for whatever tyre that goes on that is the right size for the vehicle. No matter what size the rim is. I run 30psi rear 32psi front which is 2.2 bar roughly.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
1 bar is actually 14.504 psi, but at tyre pressures of only 2 to 3 bar, 14 is close enough. In my industry we work with pressures up to 450 bar, so we use the more accurate conversion.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I'm a Mechanical Engineer. The company does Compressed Natural Gas fuel systems for heavy trucks and stationary power generation gas engines. Most cars run a 200 bar or 250 bar system, but to get additional fuel on board, we're using 350 bar cylinders on trucks. The gas compression and filling system needs to operate at up to 450 bar. It's serious pressure.

We're not involved in it, but the hydrogen systems run even higher pressure. In the US public filling stations for hydrogen cars usually have both 350 bar and 700 bar dispensing hoses.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Specnut727 said:
1 bar is actually 14.504 psi, but at tyre pressures of only 2 to 3 bar, 14 is close enough.  In my industry we work with pressures up to 450 bar, so we use the more accurate conversion.
I couldn't be bothered to google it for the exact figure so said 14.

450bar is quite a whack. I rarely work on systems that high.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
redsimon said:
My 208 1.6 eHDI Allure 5-door came with standard 16inch alloys on low profile tyres.  I had these swapped at first service for 15inch steels on standard profile tyres (I don't like alloys).

Recently I checked the tyre pressures all round and found them to be 2.9 bar all round !!!! The panel on the B-pillar suggests that they should be 2.3 f and 2.1 r.  But are these pressures still correct for the downgraded 15inch wheels and tyres ?
For the 15 inch wheels running 185/65R15 tyres the tyre pressures should be 2.2 bar front and 2.0 bar rear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts