Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been running two GTI's one on normal shell unleaded and one on Tesco momentum, the difference in the two cars is huge. One on Tesco momentum pulls better and sounds much better under acceleration and has much nicer exhaust note.What is everyone else running on?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive used two types of fuel ..texco normal and bp ultima ..on the ultima it pulls better drinks less and feels better all round ..i have a very heavy right foot so avrage around 33mpg to 35 mpg ..best ive had is 47.9 mpg ..but was a very borring journy ..i think if you buy any car with gti on it you realy shouldnt be worrying about mpg ..fun fun fun ... ..ps the 47.9 mpg was cause i had my mum onboard ..lol

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Usually sainsbo's super or BP ultimate, the shell garage is 10 miles away. Although always ran V-Power in the M3 but since its been changed to Nitro + with the added ethanol is doesn't seem as good in the M3 so back on BP Ultimate.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
For years I have used only Shell petrol, my previous car was a RCZ THP 200, ther was a noticable difference in performance when using super unleaded against normal fuel. So far I have only used normal fuel in my GTI, will try super unleaded soon to see if there is any difference.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Tried Shell Ultima for a couple of tankfuls, all I got was a sooted up exhaust pipe, back on normal fuel no more sooted up exhaust and my car is running much better.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
TBH folks there ain't much to gain from this is any at all.My advice would be just to stick to one type of fuel from say shell or total. Stay away from the supermarket crap. As long as you keep it from a named supplier you'll get optimum performance from your engine. Putting the higher rated fuel in doesn't do much neither. I think its all in your head because you know you've put it in your car so you believe it will perform better. In reality your probably just driving harder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts