Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering my 5dr 1.4 Diesel Allure tomorrow as soon as my credit check comes back. I am really stuck on what colour to choose.

I do like the red, but have been told that red cars are more on insurance?! My insurance quote at the moment was just for a silver car, and the premium is exactly the same for what I'm currently driving (Corsa). So will it change if I go for a red one?

The other two options that I liked was the Shark Grey and the Morello Black (I think its called) Although it looks more of like a dark chocolate colour....... Does anyone have a picture of the Morello Black in 5dr that I could have a look at to compare, as the colours never look the same as on the website.

The blue looks pretty awful I think, it has a bit of a purple tinge to it which I really don't like. I didnt' really want to go for black/white as the last car I had was white and the one before it was black. Want something colourful but they don't really offer much options.....!

Thanks for helping me decide :)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Mine is Rioja Red. Great colour but needs to be kept clean as it shows any dust or dirt.
My insurance for a new 208 1.2VTI Allure was less than my previous car, a 2 years old 207 1.4VTI

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Shark grey all the way!!!! I have a 1.2 vti active with bronze mirror caps and it looks stunning! And the great thing is that it doesn't show dust or dirt up much (although I do clean mine every week anyway) but even when it comes to me cleaning it unless you look closely you can't really see the dirt or dust

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, definitely agree with the Shark Grey. I had one for a day when I tested the 208 and it certainly looked very impressive. I finally opted for Silver for my 1.2 Active since my previous car was also Silver (an Audi) and I find it doesn't show dirt/dust too badly and is easier for other drivers to see in low light conditions. Would have opted for white but that would definitely show the dirt and road dust.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I did go for the Shark Grey :D It will be here within 3-4 weeks (end of September) so I'll be getting a 63 plate! Can't wait. Looks like it will be a bloody good upgrade from my Corsa, inside and out!

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Shark gray for the win!!! soooooooo ...... wish i'd got mine in this colour now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts