Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Last week I had delivered my 1.2 Allure. I have already had the paint Diamond brite'd and have been wondering whether to have the underside wax oiled for protection as I had a GTI-6 before and know what 15years without wax oil looks like.

Has anyone had any experience with the stuff and would the dealership flip out when I take it back for a check with the underside covered in wax oil????

Steve

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Hi! Would that be finnegins wax oil & rust proofer if it is i bought in gallon cans 30years ago and rust proofed the whole car with it, the car was a gold mettalic ford capri 1600 - gtxlr and this wax oil did a brilliant job.I stripped all the carpets out door panels & rear seats & pumped this wax oil into every body channel and inner sills, then engine bay & boot and finally a thorough assault on the under side/wheel arches.The car niffed for about a week+ due to the fumes of this treatment slowly dying away, but it did a brilliant job.I also soaked it on all rubber items & engine hoses it keeps them nice and supple,no perishing or cracking after that.It sailed through many mot,s after that without a problem & 30yrs ago it wasn,t very expensive. At 66yrs old now and not in the best of health i would,nt like to try the same now.I cant see any reason for the dealership having any issue with it, in fact i would expect quite the opposite.

From. Dipstick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts