Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 208 with the touchscreen stereo, I tried using a Corsair USB Flash Drive 1Gb which is FAT Formatted I put a couple of albums on it to try and see if it would play and it worked fine.

I decided to pay out for a 64Gb USB Flash Drive (Lexar64Gb Jumpdrive V10 USB)

I installed around about 50Gb of Music onto it to put in the car and it doesn't work, it just says loading plays about 20 seconds of one song and then nothing the drive is formatted exFAT

Can anyone assist, as would like to get a USB drive that works but with larger memory than 1Gb

Why does the Corsair work but the Lexar doesn't any assistance would be appreciated.
<h3>
</h3>

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Hi,

I did have similar problems with my touch screen but after experimenting with various formats I found that FAT32 seems to work with no problems. I did try two other formats which were exFAT and FAT and both failed to work with the radio. Also I think the radio will only play MP3/MPEG Layer 3. I did try MP4/MPEG Layer 4 and Apple Lossless but the radio didn't play them at all.

Hope this helps.

Phil

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, The user manual states that only FAT16 and FAT32 are supported for USB sticks and also that only WMA. AAC. FLAC. OGG. and MP3 formats are supported. There are also other restrictions on the file naming size and content in that file namesshould not exceed 20 characters and should not contain special characters. It is also a good idea to limit the number of sub-folders to a minimum since too many will cause long delays in populating the touchscreen with album information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All,
I have managed to re format the drive to FAT32 and added albums are working now thankfully.

However some of the Album Art is not showing, I'm assuming this is something to do with how the albums are tagged, some are showing and some aren't does anyone know how to show it for all.

I know how to Tag Folders and Files etc just wondered if there was a specific way to do it.

Thanks for Help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh Dear,
Thought everything was okay added about 7 or 8 albums and everything was fine added the rest (about 50Gb) of music and back to it not working
!!!!

Would it help if I partitioned the drive into smaller bits ?

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
I have a 5th gen ipod video 80gb with approx 45gb of music on (paid approx £50 on fleabay ), this works fine ...
I bought it just for the car (i could leave it in the glove box in my previous motors)

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Hi,

I currently use a Lexar 8GB memory stick and I have around 5GB of music on it so i'm not sure if there could be a limit on how much music you can have on it. I've read some manufacturers do have a 16GB limit

What i did was use I-Tunes to convert all my Apple Lossless files to MPEG Layer 3 (aka MP3). I then made a separate folder for each and every album that I wanted to put on the memory stick. Even if I had 3 albums from the same artist I would still make 3 separate folders. By doing this it will allow the car's touch screen to show the 3 different albums. To get the album covers to display properly you will have to use JPEG images of the album covers. It took me 3 - 4 days to get it all to work properly lol.

I hope what i've suggested will help you. Unfortunately I don't know how to post pictures on here other wise I would show you exactly what I did.

Best Regards,

Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts