Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the touchscreen has a search function? Before this car I had a cheap £50 pioneer usb/iPod head unit in my 206 that allowed you to search by inputting letters and it seems to me it was better at integrating with music players than the touchscreen! I can't believe peugeot would release a usb system that just displays an alphabetical list of files and nothing more.

Also, I've seen pictures where the screen is scrollable through album covers, all I get is a text list. I have the latest firmware, 3.7, how do I browse albums by their covers?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
I can scroll through album covers on mine. To do this you have to use a program called mp3tag to add the album artwork to your music files.

I think you can scroll through your USB by pressing the control on the right hand side of the steering wheel, and "rolling" it to scroll.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks exmgzr.

It's kind of odd, I am using my iPod and where available the album covers are shown on the right hand side as a track is playing. If I press the control on the right hand side of the wheel I am presented with an alphabetical list of songs in text only.

I will try a USB key later as all my music folders on my laptop have the album art.

The only way I can see of accessing the music is to go the main menu, select Music, select USB as the input, then all I get is a folder structure in text.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Try turning the control on the wheel, The one you pressed.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried, it just scrolls the text list and then selects the one it's on when I click it again.

However, I just read in the handbook about Apple products - "Copies of photos and album artwork are not compatibles with the audio system. These appear only with a USB memory stick." So I will be getting myself a USB stick later. I think it will work better that way anyway as a small usb key can stay in the car inconspicuously, whereas I have to keep hiding the ipod and cable.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I have the same concern: no search engine for the USB nor iPod.

I use USB memory and my musics and albums are fine. But searching them becomes an issue.

In my iPod it is even worse: I can search using the right side button in the steering wheel to navigate and scroll into Genre->Artist->Album scheme, but there is no way to have a keyboard in the touchscreen to enable search by typing what I'm looking for.
I also tried the USB menu where I can see my playlists, albums, artists. But no search.

Hopefully Magneti Marelli who does the SMEG , and Peugeot, look for improvements like that.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perhaps we could start a petition to Magneti and Peugeot. The software has the GUI and usability of a school project from the 90s. They should integrate something like Mirrorlink into it so we can just use the functionality of our phones and tablets.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
if anyone has contact or access to Peugeot and Magneti Marelli for that , would be great.

I contacted magneti marelli via website for that and they gave me a contact for the engineer in charge of SMEG and RT5/RT6 (used in C4, 307, 308). But the contact they gave me is in my home country , Brazil, and that engineer gives me no answer at all.

Can anyone do that?

About mirrorlink, I did the video unlock for the 208 and after disassembling SMEG, I found out that it has no video playback capabilities nor video input capabilities, nor mirrorlink. Mirrorlink is based in WiFi Direct technology, so they would need to have that.

For the mirrorlink I followed another way, via video unlock interface installation. I posted it in the ICE section.

But the GUI improvement, I do agree it is possible and should be done

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so I've been doing a bit of browsing and it seems people are already mirroring their phones to the touchscreen, including returning touch inputs. Just YouTube '208 smart link' for examples. We need a write-up for this!

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
the only company I know who has shown that mirror link was a company in Denmark, who in fact was working with another korean company to provide the hardware. But it didn´t come out.
At least I investigated this last July/August, and that was the situation at that time.

Hopefully they could have some progress, but I didn´t hear anything after that .

Does anyone have any latest update?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts