Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made a music USB by synchronising a USB with albums in Windows Medium Player, however the music works OK but I am missing the Album Artwork.
Should I sync the USB in Itunes perhaps, rather than Windows Media Player?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Why doesn't Peugeot publish 'Step By Step' instructions to achieve what their Ads for the 208 illustrate?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, the artwork on your USB works fine from Windows Media PLayer but you must have the ID3 tags correctly defined in your music tracks. THere are some 'rules' that you need to observe for the artwork to be correctly displayed in your 208.
Firstly, the artwork for each track must be no greater then 500 x 500 pixels. Any larger and the display in the 208 won't display it.

Secondly, If your music tracks are in grouped folders then it is not enough to just have the artwork associated with the folder. it must be associated with each track.

You may find it useful to use a freeware application such as 'MP3TAG' to manipulate your music tracks/IDs

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny really, I have a USP onto which I copied some albums. One album displays the album artwork but the rest do not. They are in Mpeg4 format.
Where do I find the artwork to tag to the tracks?

Update 19/5/2013
All working now, downloaded MP3TAG as suggested above, added artwork, saved tag, then synchronised with my USB drive in Windows Media Player, and Hey Presto, it all works.

Also found that by pressing LIST on the steering wheel, you can list by artist the by album and then by track if you wish. Great system,Edited by: exmgzr

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Great news, I'm glad it all works. I do sometimes use the list option that you mentioned. Unfortunately, the touchscreen showing the album artwork always reverts to the first few albums if you switch the display to something else and then go back to music. It would be really useful if the display simply reverted to its previous state (especially if using a USB drive with a large number of albums on it).

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, thanks for your information about MP3TAG. This was very straightforward to use.

The artwork was easy to find by just googling the artist and album and saving the picture to add to the tag.
I only added the artwork to the first track of the albums.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I know this is slightly off topic, but does anyone know how to stop iplayer creating a seperate listing for each artist when you have a various artist album? The most annoying thing about an iphone without a doubt, such a good piece of kit apart from that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts