Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put the union flag transfer on the front of my white GTI, anyone know where to obtain one from, drew a blank at my dealers.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Try ebay for standard flag stickers. I bought an Australian flag one for my boat. Still looks good after 2 years.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
should be able to order it from pug. here is the picture I took of the sticker fitting instructions (should have been done by the dealer). there is a choice to have - you dont HAE to have the Union Jack if ya don't want to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi. In response to your car decal query, I would like to just say, pls check with your current motor insurer as putting it own sticker (or modification as per their description), may well cost you more than the price of a sticker. I had a decal made for my PUG... It was Bert and Ernie from Sesame St, and it was put on the bonnet of my car. The decal itself was not distracting in any way ;had no brightly coloured parts which could possibly cause another driver to be distracted at any time. It was basically the outline of these two cartoon, /TV characters. In the past I had had Sylvester the cat and also Road Runner - each time on the bonnet. HOWEVER my dad thought it maybe a good idea just to mention to the insurance company that I had put this sticker on the bonnet (yes my dad is overly cautious about things like this) just so in the event of any claim being made, they could not dispute anything (like insurance companies do!). I was AMAZED at their response. The bottom line was, I was given 7 days to either remove the sticker OR find another insurance company who would insure me for having it on the bonnet!!! I rang them back and put to them that it was not a modification (maybe I am wrong, but I assumed that a modification would mean, lowering the car, changing its colour, alloy wheels etc??). IT WAS A STICKER. Yet should I have had an accident in my car which required a pair from my insurance company, by keeping the sticket on my bonnet, I would have in effect, voided my entire policy with them. So I casualty mentioned that they are basically saying every car on the road, with a bumper sticker or a baby in board sticker - anything which was not factory fitted-of any of these vehicles God forbid, had an accident, the insurance claim would not be paid? His response was that they can use their "discretion" if needed and would turn a "blind eye" to most stickers anyway. But what is an acceptable sized sticker and how do we know if the one we have will be acceptable to Mr Insurance Man? And so I was gutted, that upon hearing this, my dad - Mr can't Take Any Chances - removed said sticker with my mums hairdryer. Id only paid £26 for it anyway, but it made me think. These insurers should be made to give a full explanation in their policy wording, explaining in detail, with size limits etc, what they as an insurance company, deem as a modification. Maybe I had a lucky escape this time as like I said, all my previous cars also had decals on them. Had I had a bad accident, would my insurance company have paid out? Or would they have voided my claim for the sake of a sticker?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Well, considering it's a factory option when you buy them I don't really consider this to be a modification. I got mine when I purchased my car from the dealership, so I consider that to be standard (ie: if they supply it as an option then it's not modified)

I am an insurance underwriter and I got to say that any insurance company that would void a policy because of a sticker, it's s pretty sh*te insurer.

We tend to look at performance enhancers, ie: increased bhp, changes to efficiency and Behavior over how the cR is supposed to perform (eg: cornering ability), its value in the event of a crash if has to be repaired, or even how attractive if is to theft over a non modified vehicle.

Stickers causing a distraction is crap, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You could say that ANYTHING that goes not come EXACTLY as fitted at the factory is the considered a modification.

Anything you put IN Zthe car is a modification, a ladies handbag in your car, a bottle of coke, an in-car dash cam, even YOU could be considered a modification if you want to go to extremes.

This is the bull that people will be told by cheap and nasty insurance companies. Talk to any prospective insurance company and ask them about what they consider s modification and see how they react. If they are not realistic then run away from them if you intend to mod your car!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pleased to say, I've now changed insurers (as previous one quoted some outrageous renewal price anyway). Thank you for the tips as well. Gonna show my dad so as to put his mind at rest when he sees my new decal on the bonnet!

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
When you read about all the modifications people on this forum do, It makes you wonder how they get insurance at all. Hope they notify their insurance company when they change the design from what the manufacturer's thought was right.

·
Registered
18 Posts
-or some may find out the hard way just how ruthless some insurance companies are. But u are right though. I see all these young - unsure, just passing their tests and suddenly they acquire a car only I could only ever dream about. Im not stereotyping young ppl(ok a bit, but maybe I'm a tad jealous, not just off the car some have, but the fact my 'younger' days have gone?!! Ha. I believe I hit an oil patch at 18 and its gone downhill ever since!!), but I do know my nephew had a quote for a BMW he had already bought (duh), and then decided to find out about getting insurance for, and it was well into the 1000's mark. In the end he couldn't afford to insure it and had to sell it. But either some young ppl have brilliant jobs or rich parents!?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts