Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
208 GTI Peugeot Sport, 66k kms.
Recently did a k&n filter cleaning, put the filter back in, lost 1 screw but checked the box for any leaks (it was very stiff and didnt let loose), took the car out for a drive, and now around 2.5-3k rpms i hear the turbo spooling and there is a distinct blow off sound off the throttle, this wasnt the case before i cleaned the filter, might there be a chance i did something wrong? or is it because the filter is clean and allows better air intake into the engine? mind you this filter hasnt been cleaned since at least december 2019.

·
Registered
2018 208 GTi BPS
10 Posts
I also have a 2018 208 GTI Peugeot Sport and have installed a BMC air filter with the Comkotes CF intake scoop and can here the the same spooling noise as you’ve mentioned. The spooling noise occurred straight after changing to the BMC filter. I’m curious to see what others have experienced also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed K&N panel filter and noticed louder intake sounds, as well as blow off sounds. More more air flow, more pressure, more sound. That should be normal. After that I purchased GFB DV+ diverter valve and I noticed maybe slightly quieter blow off noise, but I am not complainig because I want it to operate as efficient as it can. Although a proper blow off valve (and sound) would be a nice thing to have...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts