·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So far I have found out that the upgrades are as follows

Sequential Triple Injection under heavy engine load
Variable Cam Timing
Reinforced Starter Motor
Updated Twin Scroll Fixed Geometry Turbo (RCZRs)
Diamond (DLC) Coated Bearings & key components
Graphite Coated Pistons
Larger Air Intake
Direct Injection
Revised Emgine Management & Ventilation

I'm not sure about it all but let me know

·
Banned
2,157 Posts
The 156thp was a learning curve for peugeot/psa/bmw. Basically its the same engine as in 207, 206 gti with a bigger turbo. 206's would break badly at 240bhp. Its has 79% new components compared to a 207

Some problems of rcz r 270bhp engine was it ran very hot and simply wouldnt fit in a 208 engine bay. When they shelved the rcz peugout focused on 208, now it's the 308.

The 200thp had many improvements much from the 270rcz r development including less power so not running so hot(it was quite a problem). A bit more compact, engine mounts are quite different . This is why intercooler so tiny as radiator is huge in 208 to keep temps down and power up. Hot countries lose a lot of power due to tiny intercooler. An fmic is around 3 times the size.

The 208thp has finished this transtion and has cast conrods, cast crank, different injector layout but still makes the same 200bar, reworked turbo and a few other engine improvements such as coated pistons for less friction(heat)...The 30th edition didn't get these changes as they are from car manufactured after 2015

Now Peugeot has put what it learned from rcz and 208 and placed that knowledge in 308.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting read, ive justvtaken delivery of a 2013 29th edition gti, number 7 of 29, she's in as we speak having cam chain guides and tensioner done , im already looking to upgrade starting with intercooler, clutch upgrade (slave cylinder is already grumbling so may as well replace with an uprated version)... I wanted stage 2 but clearly I won't be getting that far without a lot of work. I'm un essex too, can any of you guys recommend a localish place with regards upgrades etc, heard about comkotes who are near me but been told on the fb forum to avoid like the plague tho no reasons why

21 - 24 of 24 Posts