Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am thinking of applying a wheel protecting wax, or similar to help the removal of brake dust etc when cleaning. As this will involve the removal of the wheels, I thought it would be quicker to remove 2 wheels at a time. So I thought about using a trolly jack. ( Whew) now my question at last....
Can anyone suggest a safe jacking point for front and rear of car, or advise accordingly ?
Thank you
Jon

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
What my procedure for this would be is. Crack all wheel bolts off. Then jack one side rear and chock then do the other. There is nowhere under the car to put a jack or any form of axle stand unless you want to go under the axle :/. When I done my rear springs I just jacked up one side at a time placing a stand just to side of the jack on the jacking points. Even then it weren't the sturdiest of creatures

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Duffy,
I was thinking that was going to be the way. I really don't like using OEM jacks, they really are basic and lack the confidence boost needed when lifting your new car.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I would deem them to be unsafe on these. They are very unstable in the air!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I didn't give up, and found a solution. I thought about searching for an attachment for my trolly jack so that it mimics the scissor jack. This didn't go to well, but it lead me to someone else on the scooby forum. They had the same problem and bout a hockey puk. They then cut out a groove, replicating the scissor jack. This forum link was quite old and this meant there were plenty of others trying it out. Some had used wood and resorted to the hockey puk as this took away the potential split associated with wood.
I have now ordered my puk and await its delivery. If anyone is interested, I will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Does the 208 have a pinch weld seam for the jacking point? I've not got my car yet so I can't check.

I've still got my hockey puck with a groove in from when I had an impreza hopefully it will come in use again.

Getting a coat of Gtechniq C5 on the wheels is job number one for me.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it looks like a reinforced lip on the sill. Not ideal
as you we'll know if your old scooby.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I've got my car now so I dug my old hockey puck out. I'm not planning on having my car up in the air much so it will do nicely for me.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Yeah same sorta thing I have. I have a jack with a groove in it and a lowprofile jack with a little rubber insert but the 4 raised sections on the 'cup' are larger so the point goes in between these. Only issue is where to pit the stands. The front is fine as you can stick em under the frame but the rear has nowhere

1 - 9 of 9 Posts