Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the views and experiences of other owners on the best way to deal with a resonating rattle in both B pillars adjacent to the seat belt mounting point at shoulder level.It directly relates to road speed (>40mph) and surface. The more coarse the surface the more likely it is to start. The car is a Gti and therefore has the lower profile tyres.Whilst I'll raise it with the dealer when it goes in for it's 1000 mile check in a couple of weeks I am reluctant to start dismantling the car!
Consequently I'd like to know if anyone else has had this noise and has it diminished or disappeared with time as the car has bedded in?
Any thoughts or experience will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Hi Wilko, I've had my GTi for 2 weeks now, and whilst I haven't noticed any rattles in the around the B pillars, I do have a rattle coming from the passenger side sun visor (and possibly the central lights too).I have informed Peugeot of these and they've said they will take care of them in the 1000 mile/1 month service. The service is booked in for the 28th, so I'll let you know how it goes!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Hi I've got a gti and it did rattle occasionally on the side pillar by the seat belt but tonight I got fed up of hearing it and got a tiny bit of cardboard from a paracetamol pack and folded it over and tucked it up neatly where the trim overlaps the plastic to the rear speak and just under the seat belt and guess what no more rattle so far you wouldn't even see the cardboard unless u purposely stuck your head upside down and pulled the trim away slightly

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Kyle, I think I've noticed this in my GTi, but I thought it was the unused passenger's side buckle bumping the pillar. I'll listen for it a bit more. Your rattle must have been bad if you needed a pack of paracetamol on hand !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Kyle,Many thanks for the response, much appreciated. That sounds like a good solution. Just so I get it right, am I correct in thinking it's the horizontal overlap between upper and lower trim panels. If so did you pack out the joint underneath the seat belt mounting and also just "round the corner" adjacent to the rear window?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! I'm new to the forum but I'm experiencing exactly the same problem as you did. Did you find a solution?
Thanking you in advance

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I have the same rattle, only on the drivers side though, if I drop thewindow down slightly it stops, most annoying!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
All cars have some kind of rattle, especially cars with tight suspension, you will cure one and then another comes along. My Fiesta ST had loads of them, nothing a few notches on the stereo volume won't fix!.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts