sorted. Just wondering when its sorted will the
screen be the same or is it going to have a different
layout?
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i got mine back the same day they said it needs a new screen all together so now got to wait 2-3 week for a screen coming.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Hi I am also waiting on a new screen the gps fault is so annoying. Do you reckon Peugeot woud update new screens with sat nav for the inconvienence as it is a new car ?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Hey again thanks for replying to my post I actually do not have sat nav in my current touch screen but because of the inconvienence was wandering if Peugeot would install it alongside with the new screen I am waiting on. Did Peugeot / your dealership give you any indication as to how long the new screen would take to arrive. The gps fault is an absolute nightmare in the morning having to constantly click it away multiple times. The sooner I get a new screen the better.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Yes, they gave me an indication,..... I've got a call today that they got the unit earlier than they thought and I could come by.
Replacement only took 15 minutes. But apparently they only replace the screenitself. Firmware and my settings remained intact. I don't give you much hope for the installation of the satnav. It's not just the software that's different but also theantenna base, wires and the screen between theref-counterenspeed-counterthat's different.

Tomorrow I'll know if it has helped.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
That is good news for you let me know if it resolves the fault issue. I am hoping my dealership contacts me soon with news that my new screen has arrived Thanks for your reply

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
That is excellent news. I have been speaking to my Peugeot dealership today and they have my new screen. I am getting it fitted tomorrow so fingers crossed. :)

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Yeah everything in the cars great apart from that dreaded fault in the mornings. What model of the 208 have you out of curiosity?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem but it only started a few weeks ago with the weather change and soon goes away when the car heats up. What a pain, who said new cars are troyble free ;-):-|

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't have the GPS fault but on frosty mornings my touch screen has been going crazy. It randomly changes radio stations itself like someone is using the screen until the car warms up. It's booked in for inspection in just over a week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The guy at the dealership said it would likely be ascreenreplacement, he mentioned the GPS fault people had been seeing and said it was probably similar to that.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Hi all I have had the screen replaced and all seems well so far I will check it again after the car has been left untouched for a few hours

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Well I started the car up this morning and thankfully no gps fault has appeared so the new screen has seemed to resolve the problem. I love my 208 :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts