Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm new on this forum.
I bought a 2013 1.0 active a few months ago and from time to time the touchscreen media centre wouldn't turn on when I turned the key. It's been a bit hot and miss as to whether it would work. Usually if I took the key out and tried again it it would work.
I got in the car today and it's not turning on.
If I plug my phone into the usb port there's no power coming from there either.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I took mine to my dealership as it was in warranty when it happened. First time they said they reset something. Probably a fuse. Second time something broke so they replaced the SMEG unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions.
I checked the fuses and they're all fine. But when I took them out and put them back in, the touchscreen came to life. I guess it was just needing reset.
Does anyone know if this is due to it needing a software issue or could it be something more sinister?

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
We would only be guessing. it could have been a voltage spike and killingthe power to the unit has reset it. or the software itself could have hung, and therefore disconnecting the power also has made it reboot.

a software update wont hurt it, though depends on what software version you are running at present.

press and hold the SRC button when the unit is on. this should show a screen with multiple tabs on it, the first one would have the firmware version on it.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions.
I checked the fuses and they're all fine. But when I took them out and put them back in, the touchscreen came to life. I guess it was just needing reset.
Does anyone know if this is due to it needing a software issue or could it be something more sinister?
It is temporary solution as the problem comes back soon.

PEUGEOT, IF YOU ARE CARING CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, DO THE RECALL ABOUT FAULTY SMEG UNITS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts