Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm new on this forum.
I bought a 2013 1.0 active a few months ago and from time to time the touchscreen media centre wouldn't turn on when I turned the key. It's been a bit hot and miss as to whether it would work. Usually if I took the key out and tried again it it would work.
I got in the car today and it's not turning on.
If I plug my phone into the usb port there's no power coming from there either.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello friends, I've got the same issue as the above. I turn on the ingnition but the touch screen does not light up and stays black. Even the USB port is not outputting any current. Can someone please help? Greetings from Mauritius

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there.
I got round this problem by removing the fuse for the SMEG unit then putting it back in.
It seems to reset the system and mine works now.
It's not ideal coz the problem could come back, but it works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello GT500FTW, can you please advise how can I remove the "fuse". I am not well acquainted with this kind of maintenance :/ I was wondering whether temperature is the culprit since I have read on this forum itself that temperature and hardware/electronics are not the best friends. I live on a tropical island and I usually leave my car out in the sun, the average temperature inside the car car is ~35-40 degrees Celsius(95 F- 104F).

At night the temperature drops to 23C, I will test at night whether the SMEG unit works at a lower temperature.

Thank you again for the reply :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea if temperature is a problem - I live in Scotland and it doesn't really get too hot here.

follow this link - you should see that fuse number 18 of the dashboard fuses of the left of the car is for the touchscreen. I removed number 17 too and put it back in.
http://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/peugeot/208/51-peugeot-208-fuse-box-diagram.html

Remove the fuse for a few seconds - put it back in and it should reset the touchscreen - that's all i did and i had no problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, thank you for the provided link. I shall remove the fuses Wednesday and will update this thread. I did try to turn on the car at sunset but this didnt do the trick. I guess removing the fuses should do it. Thank you for all your help :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys, I did try to disconnect and connect again the battery but this did not resolve the issue. I followed advice by removing the fuse and it worked fine. :) Thank you again for all your help and time.

Greeting from Mauritius.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys i have the same blackout touchscreen problem. Is the fuses under the steering wheel ? I had the panel removed and to the right under the ignition barrel there are fuses but not the numbers needed please help this keeps reaccurring every few months and peugout have told me its 700 pound to replace

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this issue, when temperature goes minus 15 C or less.
Just disconnect the battery and wait for a minute, and it will turn back on.
Last winter i had this issue maybe 5 times, but no problems this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for this thread its been really helpful.
In my case, the problem seems to be slightly more persistent. I live in Greece and these days we had quite a hot weather (~38 C) and with my car sitting on the sun, i firstly encountered this problem (as described in the thread).
After reading your thread later in the night, i did re-plug the fuse and system worked again.
The next day, in the morning, everything was fine but later on the day, when starting up the car (again with a lot of heat around) the system wouldnt power on. Tried the fuse trick but without success. The temperature was high at that point. Tried also re-connect the battery, but no success.
I did a 1-hour drive with air-con and tried again, the touch screen started this time. Continued with another 1 hour ride, parked the car into a good shade and when tried to start the car again (after a few hours in the shade), it didnt work so i had to re-do the unplugging of battery (which fixed it once again).

Although this had never appeared in the past, I have 2 days with quite frequent appearances and i m wondering what could be the cause of this. I suspect that the high temperature is related but its hard for me to believe that the system was not designed to tolerate that.

P.S. The day before the 1st encounter, it gave me a notification that it will limit the volume due to high temperature, which after a while got restored.

P.S. 2, my car is a 2008 of 2013 (not a 208) but so far all of the details (and hardware) are the same.

If anyone knows more on this issue please post some hints. Its my 1st year with the car (which was used in France as a leasing car before i bought it) and i am a little bit worried as we are in the very beginnings of the summer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Following up on the issue, someone suggested to look on the unit fan.
I did remove my SMEG unit from the car and saw that the fan is not soldered on the board, but instead it was touching some "spring" contacts. There was some dust around as well.

So what i did was to clean up the contacts and "pull" (stretch) the springs, so that they would push harder towards the fan connections.
The result was to fix the issue I had, and after a hot month in Greece, it appears that my problem has been fixed. Anyone experiencing similar issues could also give a shot on that.

I am attaching a few images of the unit and the referenced parts.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Hi there.
I got round this problem by removing the fuse for the SMEG unit then putting it back in.
It seems to reset the system and mine works now.
It's not ideal coz the problem could come back, but it works.
It helps momentarily and problem comes back after a few days or week later.

Is fuse or Smeg itself faulty?

IT HAPPENS in COLD weather also!

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I had this issue, when temperature goes minus 15 C or less.
Just disconnect the battery and wait for a minute, and it will turn back on.
Last winter i had this issue maybe 5 times, but no problems this year.
I had this problem 3 times in a row within 2 years during the period when my car is not used for a long time, say a few weeks.

I am lost. Is this a unaddressed problem of miserable Peugeot team or fuse or ....?

Note that my battery is new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
καλησπερα και απο εμενα..εχω ενα peugeot 208 2012 1.4 πετρελαιο και λογω οτι η παλια οθονη μου ειχε παθει ζημια αρκετο καιρο την αντικατεστησα με οθονη και μοναδα απο peugeot 208 2013 με αποτελεσμα να λειτοθργει το ραδιο αλλα να μην ανοιγει η οθονη.μπορει να μου δωσει καποιος μια λυση?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Καλησπέρα αδερφέ.απο τις φωτό καταλαβαίνω ότι είναι το ίδιο ράδιο που έχω στο δικό μου..έχω Peugeot 208 2012 και λόγω ζημιάς έβαλα οθόνη και ράδιο από Peugeot 208 2013...το θέμα είναι ότι το ράδιο παίζει κανονικά και η οθόνη δεν ανοίγει έχεις κάποια συμβουλή να μου δώσεις?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts