Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I was wondering - does anyone have the newest version of the Touchscreen Firmware, and if so would they be able to send it to me and give me a rough guide on how to install it please?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Hi jondread,

It is supposed to be a dealer install only, but it was leaked over on the French 208 forums (I will update later if I can find the link again).

I updated mine and it's as easy as copying the files to a USB stick and putting it in the car before starting it up. The screen then prompts you to confirm the update and it takes about 15-20 minutes to install.

In all honesty, I can't see any reason Peugeot don't make the updates available online. It's no harder than updating your phone!

Edit: Here is the link to a translated version of the page where I got the files. You'll probably have to register to download as I no longer have them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can't actually register anymore on that forum, but the link to download the files is....

https://mega.co.nz/#F!ncsWBLSb!XVtlgXclrkVESekOHs2J6A

You want to download theSMEG UPG SoftWare 3.17.AR3.rar file I believe

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
koksy said:
Hi guys,

does this update add postcode ability to my satnav?

Has anybody on here done this?

Thanks
no ! this update is just to stop screen freezing !

to get postcode entry you will have to ask your dealer & if you get no joy ring Peugeot UK & ask them......

worked for me

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I have the latest firmware on my sat nav unit. Playback from USB and via bluetooth is flawless. No issues at all.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Mine isn't
the whole system restarts every so often , Peugeot can't do anything until they "see it"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,Does anyone have any experiences installing the sat nav app to their touchscreen?
Also can anyone post a link so I can install the sat nav app on my touchscreen?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
270 Posts
Pretty sure you can't. Far as I know it's a £400 optional extra you get to choose when you buy the car unless it comes as standard on most models.
No way to add it yourself I wouldn't think

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I very much doubt that Peugeot are installing GPS sensors etc in all cars either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts