Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guysI have my 208 1.4 about 2 weeks now and when playing music from my iphone via usb after a while a clicking sound can be heard. Anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?
Also every so often the music will randomly pause and wont let you change the track or source until you plug out the usb cable. Again anyone else had this or heard of it before?
I've seen on the ad that you can have albums showing up like a catalogue but when i transfer files onto a usb stick the only way it'll read is if i put the individual songs on out of folders. Any suggestions?
Car is excellent so dont want this to ruin my buzz of owning a new car.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi ,

Have had the same problem ( Started above link) my car due to go in Saturday for a new USB port, no faults found on diagnostic, but dealer says this will fix it - will let you know , also flaking 'black chrome' paint, other than that, 6500 trouble free miles , over 60 mpg av. great car ! -

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks PoloX. I had seen your posts but was hoping someone had an easier fix but looking like mine will need new port too. Getting software update this week so when I take it in will show the dealer this and see what he says.
Is yours pausing too? It pauses and won't continue until I plug out the cable and reinsert it again. Bloody annoying and wrecking my head. Car is still great though so will get over the teething if it gets sorted.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
No it doesn't pause - I use an Ipod nano and it 'clicks' and old Ipod jumped every now and then. I found after about 4-5 tracks it clicks , then if you mute and turn on again, it clears for a while - what a pain !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have that issue after 5 songs and then clears when u turn volume down and up again. Pausing problem part of same thing too. Will ring dealer in morning. I'm supposed to head down there for update fri or tues so they can check it then.
Let me know how u get on and hopefully this fixes things for u so u can enjoy ur car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well went in today for software update and surprise surprise the sound didn't happen for the workshop boys. I had the iphone plugged in for the whole trip over (30 miles) and it only happened once for about 30 seconds. Maybe it's settling out/ fixing itself.Does seem to happen more on certain songs so i'm now checking what makes them different to the songs it doesn't happen on.
Will keep ye all posted. Thanks for the input and happy 208ing!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Update - I took my car into dealers Saturday for new USB port, drove away - and after 4/5 tracks same problem, took it straight back and they did a software update, went for a drive today and still the same ...What now ? Technology eh ? all we want is a radiogram to listen to a bit of music !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PoloX mine is still doing the same thing with usb but using it via bluetooth it works great. Have you had any joy? The dealers in ireland are clueless about stuff like this and peugeot call centre is no help either.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Still no luck with mine, I genuinely believe they can't fix it , and hoping there aren't too many complaints/people hearing it - They wanted the car for a couple of days - but I said leave it until I have it serviced - I need the grill sorted as well as all the paint is coming off, I don't like to keep taking the car back - I could have bought an old banger and have the same amount of ag !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bring back the CD player Peugeot! The amazingly simple system on the 207 was so easy to use and never had any problems like this and never will! Because it's simple!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts