Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my first post as always due to a fault..

My touchscreen has gone blank and does not come on when i start the car, the lights are on the menu buttons etc but no touchscreen.

I was wondering what the first checks i can make ie fuses etc before taking the car to a dealer or buying a new touchscreen.
Bought the car second hand in september 2015 and warranty ran out in march 2016, it also looks like someone has attempted to remove the touchscreen fascia before?

Any tips or help would be appreciated

Simon

·
Registered
27 Posts
You do have a right to take it back where you brought it from if its a dealer as it should be of usable condition and last an expected time

May be worth trying Peugeot i got mine changed under warrantee was veiwed by peugeot 2 days before warrantee ran out and was changed last week
I have also read a few people have had there screens changed due to a fault and also somewhere else that there may be a 5 year warrantee on the screen? but im not certain if that is true somebody that knows more than me should clarify your options
Good luck

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I took my 208 back to the dealer just after the 3 years was up - although they took the car off me for a day and claimed that there was no warranty to cover the touchscreen, (to which I pointed out the many many units they replaced on 2012 models including my wifes) they kindly advised that as there was a known fault, Peugeot will replace the unit.

Mine goes in on Saturday for the replacement!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Local dealer didn't want to know because the warranty is out and told me to contact peugeot to see if they will help as there are known issues with the touchscreen. Fingers Crossed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No help from Peugeot UK and they denied there is a problem with the touchscreen, told me the numbers of complaints on the internet are minimal to the amount of cars in reality....great, small problem = no problem.

Taken the touchscreen off and the head unit out and there seems to be no power getting to the touchscreen from the head unit. The head unit is getting power in from the main cable?? Tried all the fuses and they are fine.
If i replace the head unit, is there a charge from Peugeot to re-code it? these magnetti marelli units are on ebay etc

·
Registered
27 Posts
There are some on eBay that include the coding in the price but somehow feel they are probably the dear ones!
No idea what peugeot charge
Just as a thought did you check the cable between the two I.e. Is there power coming from the head unit at the actual head unit? Just mentioned it as its not clear where you checked for power regarding the screen
Rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for late reply,
Checked the quadlock and the gave everything a good push back in and it's back working
Glad I never paid the diagnostics fee now.
Thanks for all the help
Looking for a smeg+ iv2 to buy now to get CarPlay

Anyone know if the touchscreen for smeg will work on the iv2?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
No help from Peugeot UK and they denied there is a problem with the touchscreen, told me the numbers of complaints on the internet are minimal to the amount of cars in reality....great, small problem = no problem.

Taken the touchscreen off and the head unit out and there seems to be no power getting to the touchscreen from the head unit. The head unit is getting power in from the main cable?? Tried all the fuses and they are fine.
If i replace the head unit, is there a charge from Peugeot to re-code it? these magnetti marelli units are on ebay etc
They really suck! Currently, there are PLENTY of complaints here in my country as SMEG is not turning on when you turn ignition on, screen is just black, until you remove and insert fuse no 18 or the battery negative plug as TEMPORARY solution.

PEUGEOT MUST DO A RECALL!!!

What a shame! French junk, really.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts