Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the latest version of the touch screen software is? I have nothing but trouble with it!

The bugs are numerous (freezing, randomly pausing music, refusing to connect to iPhone), but the one that irritates me the most is if I plug my iPhone in via USB, I can hear pops and clicks during the quiet parts of songs. I don't get this problem when connected via Bluetooth, but then I can't see the album artwork on the screen or switch tracks etc.

Also, why is there such a delay when skipping tracks? Again, I can understand this via bluetooth, but not USB.

Peugeot really should have tested the software more before releasing it.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Amen. An upgrade to my software has corrected a lot of the similar issues I had, but not all. I had my software updated to:Soft:
<b style="font-family: Verdana; line-height: 16pt;">3.0.K.R4[/B]
CD:
Date:
<b style="font-family: Verdana; line-height: 16pt;">26-07-2012[/B]
I know that there are at least 2 newer versions now. Your dealer should be able to updates yours but I advise you give them fair warning that you want it done as my dealer had to specially request it from Peugeot Australia which took a week or so to come in.

Edited by: esterhazy

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Can anyone advise what is the latest software version? When replying please indicate if you have SatNav or not.Thanks

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, my 1.2 Active has touchscreen firmware as follows :-
Soft: SMEG3.10.e.R4
CD : 11574
Date: 26-09-12

I took delivery of the car on 1st March 2013 and haven't checked with the dealer if there are any available updates yet. I also don't know if mine has the Iphone problem since I'm not a great fan of Apple although it does seem to work quite well with my Nokia and also with a 16GB flashdrive.

It does, however, suffer from the already reported problems of having only one background colour option, and no 'Selective Unlocking'.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Well today,in the fine weather it wouldn't let me have the volume above 10 meaning I couldn't hear the radio above the air con :(

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi Morumbi, I've not heard of flash drives having audio problems before. What format are your files ? Most of mine are WMA with some MP3 thrown in for good measure. They were either ripped from CDs or produced from 12" Vinyl albums using Nero Wave editor. Do you know if the files have any anti-copy software embedded ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi nicky, they are mp3 and lossless really no matter the format and no they are not protected format, the music does play but it ticks and thats annoying after having the bleeding car for 9 months - basically the files dont have problems anywhere (iphone, pc, flash drive) ONLY when attached to peugeots usb port it ticks

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, That has got to be really irritating. I'm at a loss what to suggest other than a firmware upgrade or (as a last resort) a complete change of the head unit. My firmware (SMEG3.10.E.R4) is dated 26/09/12 and plays my flash drive flawlessly. May be worth checking with your dealer if an upgrade is available. There seem to be enough problems with the touchscreen to warrant an upgrade from Peugeot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the same problem with clicking since getting the car in january. Been back to dealer for updates and still not fixed. Ridiculous that the one thing that really drew me to buying the car is acting up all the bloody time.Anyone had any joy getting this clicking/popping sorted?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
No resolution here in Oz either. This problem just has to be in the USB interface to the head unit I believe as all other inputs (radio, bluetooth) don't have this clicking problem. I have also noticed ipod crashes, tracks playing back with no volume (but if you hit the 'rewind' arrow on the screen to return to the start of the track again, it play with normal volume). For a car that has done away with CD players to move toward the future of music distribution formats, it truly is a poor and disappointing implementation of a great concept.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
penfoldinireland said:
Had the same problem with clicking since getting the car in january. Been back to dealer for updates and still not fixed. Ridiculous that the one thing that really drew me to buying the car is acting up all the bloody time.Anyone had any joy getting this clicking/popping sorted?
yes I got all mine sorted with an update that my dealer got peugeot to create especially for it

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Tom, you have a great dealer. When I asked my local dealer for the most recent updated software version number that I had seen on this site, they said that Peugeot Australia did not have it.Is it possible for you to ask your dealer for some identifier number of that update or even if other people (e.g. me) can purchase that update?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with you 100% currently having all sorts of problems and pushing hard to have Peugeot either resolve our problem, New Car or Money back, going round in circles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We had that initially and taking back to Garage they have sorted that problem but how is anyone's guess but currently having all sorts of other problems with this Touch Screen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts