Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 1,2 VTI.Every time I start the car I get this info on the screen: "System faulty"
I have to press the keys beside the screen to get the message to disapear.
It sometimes return when driving.
I have GPS installed but I dont know if it is the GPS which are causing this error?
The dealer have opgraded with a new box, but the error still appears

Im from Denmark, so I dont know if it is the same hard-/software in these touchscreens all over Europe or it is different from which country you are in.

I see another thread regarding something simular, but it itsnt the "GPS error" I get.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No its not the "Navigation defect" error.Mine writes "system faulty"
And it has nothing to do with the cold wheather.
They replaced it with a new box today and told me they fixed it.
But when I pick the car up and started the car the error came up as usual.
They then told me to give it a few days to see if "repair itself"

Pretty lame service I think.
Off course I will keep on until they fix it, but maybe other experience the same error?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK good news.Second time the dealer replaced the box, the error went away.
fingers crossed hope it last. :)

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok still have problems with the navigation.No "system faulty" but arrival time and other things are weird.
etc. nearest gas-station want me to drive 30 miles :(
Now they want to change the box for the third time and the antenna this time too.
Am really getting tired of this... I did had my worries when I bought it. All this inbuild technology :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Id contact your country's main Peugeot importer here its PeugeoUK customer service department, they have much more control, & the authority to authorize complete replacement at Peugeot cost.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The "problem" here in Denmark is that the navigation module is an "aftermarket product"It is delivered by a seperate dealer who import it from another dealer.
So Peugoet is the final dealer who build it into the cars. But they have almost no knowledge about the product it self.
I have been in contact with the dealer who import the navigation module. there are very helpfull but they have never heard of anything like this before.
My Peugoet dealer will get a new box and antenna next week... really hope it works.
Else I will be contacting Peugoet Denmark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts