Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my new 208 just over a week and i love it. however I've had a teething issue with the touch screen. On two occasions the screen hasnt turned on when the key was put in the ignition. A few hours later when I tried again it worked perfectly, but a message saying GPS fault flashed on the screen. I dont have the sat nav enabled on my car. Its in the garage for its one month health check in two weeks so hopefully they can sort this issue for me.

Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
I have a few problems with mine,cannot switch radio
Or media off
Some cd covers don't show
When the new apps thingy comes out I won't
be able to use it and memory stick as I only have
one USB socket, my touch does not have
sat nav

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Hi first you cant turn the the radio or media player off it allways comes back on at the setting you turn it off at all you can do is mute it then it comes back on muted. second you only get 2 usb ports if you have sat nav hope this helps!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,Thanks for that, not to hot on pc, I have downloaded but cannot see how to use, please help.
Even when muted it does come back on after engine switch off, at min level.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I had a blank screen the other morning,radio was working. About an hour later, all was OK again. Hope this is not going to be a problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It seems that there are some issues with early touchscreen software. Looking at the French 208 forum they have found that there are at least these versions of the software:
List of versions

<ul>[*] Soft: 3.0.H.R6
CD: 11226
Date: 27-01-2012
[*] Soft: 3.0J.R7
CD: 11236
Date: 02-04-2012
[*] Soft: 3.0.K.R4
CD: 11243
Date: 27-07-2012[/list]

My own 208 has the 3.0.J.R7 version and seems fine and the release notes for this version says it has fixes for:Untimely cuts and restarts the system SMEG
Black screen
Frozen screen on start page
Slow startup
Display garbage characters
Lack of access to menus

You might want to have a word in your dealer's ear to get your system upgraded.

To find out what version is on your system then hold down the 'Menu' button for a few seconds until the system page appears.

Regards
CJ

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi did you find an answer to the gps fault,mine has now done it about 3 times when i go to start it,i dont have sat nav either. regards.
martin

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Perhaps if those with the GPS fault can find out which software version they are on - (see post above) and post here you might find a common theme?

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I'm on the latest version:
Soft: 3.0.K.R4
CD: 11243
Date: 27-07-2012

Had the fault again this morning.
I wonder if the is still a GPS receiver built in, although I don't have the navigation software.
GPS receivers aren't expensive so they might not bother building different units, and just not load the software if you don't want the navigation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have software version 3.0J.R7 and I get the GPS fault. I think a trip to the local dealer for an upgrade may be in order. Does anyone know what the difference between R7 and R4 is?

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes maybe software problem,strange how mine only started doing it after they had it for its 1 month free check,have rung dealer and because the fault is only intermittent they want the car for at least a day,sod that will see how it goes lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HI

well unfortunately the error has not yet been sorted its in the garage tomorrow so hopefully it will be resolved, but as it only a new car here i think they are at a loss ha. it had it one month health check on sat gone and they said they reset the settings and hopefully that would sort it.

it hasn't as this morning on my drive to work the screen again did not come on, the radio however played fine so im assuming it the actual screen at fault. fingers crossed its sorted tomorrow as its starting to kill my new car buzz lol

Ill keep u all posted

1 - 20 of 84 Posts