Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i was wondering if anyone could help at all.

Bought a second hand 2012 208 in the summer 2020. All was great.
Fast forward to winter 2020 and the touch screen has gone boobs up! it wont respond to touch in the slightest, everything has to be done with the steering controls.

Done some research and found out is a huge common issue and the only way to correct this (and i have inquired!) is to get peugeot to install a new screen/system for...wait for it.... £1032!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now obviously im not insane, but thats not gonna happen! its never had a fireware update either, and they quoted £174 for that, which they admitted might not even fix the problem.

so i have been looking around and been directed to iceboxautos for an aftermarket stereo. im just confused and concerned..so hopefully someone can help me out.

on my factory fitted smeg unit i can see the trip computer, turn off daytime running lights (if needed), see the other various features on there.

if i bought one from iceboxautos, its the android ones - will i lose all the features in the the smeg unit that my car can do? please help because its driving me insane!!!

thanks soo so much in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also to add - i've looked on ebay for second hand smeg units (mine is the active) so no gps/dab _ even thought i get a GPS FAULT every now and again on my screen - ive been told id need a coding for the second hand unit and to go to the dealer, which i rang. they said they wouldn't help because it wasn't purchased through them!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts