Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just bought a 2014 1.4L Allure HDI and I'm trying to work out what the capabilities of the touch screen are.

I'm not sure if im doing something wrong or if it's just not possible.

I've seen this "Android Auto" and "Mirror Link" and other phrases etc but I can't seem to get mine to work.

When I plug my Samsung S9 into the car, there is no option to select the phone.

Like I said its a 2014 model and the Firmware on it is: SMEG 3.17.a.r3. It's dated quite a while back so i thought it might need updating.

If anyone has any information for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
my dealer said mirror link is useless and only has a few apps to link it via the usb cable. the other is iphone apple which is useless also as i dont have an i phone, my own mobile is too old to even use the mirrorlink.

·
Registered
22 Posts
your right about the noise, what a difference the gti by PS is, its like driving a beast can i say, it does get noisy compared to other 208's, combination of tyres and exhaust. so i just crank upo the volume via the usb stick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I've just bought a 2014 1.4L Allure HDI and I'm trying to work out what the capabilities of the touch screen are.

I'm not sure if im doing something wrong or if it's just not possible.

I've seen this "Android Auto" and "Mirror Link" and other phrases etc but I can't seem to get mine to work.

When I plug my Samsung S9 into the car, there is no option to select the phone.

Like I said its a 2014 model and the Firmware on it is: SMEG 3.17.a.r3. It's dated quite a while back so i thought it might need updating.

If anyone has any information for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers.
Was having problems connecting my phone via USB. I tried USB, Mirror Link and Bluetooth. Tried Android Auto, Google maps and Waze. No probs setting destination on phone, but couldn't get it to connect to screen. Took it to the dealer, and found someone with a lot more techy experience than me, but he took quite a while to do it. He needed to uninstall Android auto ensure all setting were OK. Eventually got it to transfer from phone to screen, so keep on persevering.

One question, I set destination at home on phone when linked to home WiFi, but during journey it doesn't appear to require a WiFi connection, yet was advised to keep mobile data on at all times. Would appreciate views on that. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts