Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who at Peugeot decided that you will always want you radio back on when ever you restart your car even though you switched it off for a reason? Why did they decide that your wipers will go stay off when you restart your car even though it is still raining and you hade them on before you switched off. May seem like no real drama.......but when you are a driving instructor and your car is constently being switched off/stalled, it is a pain in the butt.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Can't comment on the radio , but the wipers are a sort of safety thing ... Imagine you got home one night and it was pouring with rain so you turned the engine off with the wipers running, then overnight there was a hard frost and you started your car and the wipers still worked .... Ouch broken blades or worse still motors , I'd rather have to reset the wipers than damage them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jack, I am instructing in a 208 as well and the radio is particularly annoying ..... stupid idea. I have just posted a question regards fluctuating rev counter and you would seem to be the ideal person to answer it ............. please. Ken

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Can't comment on the radio but i am glad to hear the wipers reset.
After ripping my blades off the merc because the auto wipers thought frost was rain.
And merc sure do know how to charge for new blades.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have to agree about the radio thing being so annoying. Its got to the point that my pupils know how to mute the thing if it comes on at the beginning of their test. When I asked the dealer about it they said that hopefully Peugeot will come up with a solution and when I bring it in for one of my cars services, they might have something on one of those occasions to sort it out. Thats me in for a long wait then.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can't comment on the wipers, as it was a lovely day when I took out the demo cars, but the radio... I agree, it's a niggle, and can imagine how annoying it would be on driving school cars. Then again, that's what the off button is for, failing that doesn't just adjusting the volume to 0 work, or does it reset as well?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just to let everyone know that the best way to deal with this is select your usb or aux input for your music source and then the radio doesn't come on ............ make sure you have nothing connected to whichever source you select .

Ken

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Good call Ken. I was thinking something similar but wanted to check it out when our car comes on Friday.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
kenalison said:
Just to let everyone know that the best way to deal with this is select your usb or aux input for your music source and then the radio doesn't come on ............ make sure you have nothing connected to whichever source you select .

Ken

I dont think it is possible to select AUX if it isnt connected.
And if so it wouldnt fix the issue.
if I WANT to listen to radio one day, it isnt sure I want it back on the next day.
So yes it is a very annoying thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I find the more annoying problem with the radio is that you can't turn it on unless the ignition is on. My previous cars have either had a second position that allows the radio to be on or you just push the knob with the ignition off. I asked when the car went in for the first inspection and was quite surprised that there is no way you can have the radio on without the ignition !

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
you can turn the radio on with the ignition off. Just push the volume button only stays on for a while though to save the battery

·
Registered
3 Posts
This doesn't work with the 208 radio/CD. The Main Dealer tried this at the first service and checked it with another vehicle. No solution offered, it just don't work!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is that the radio/CD on the Access? No problem to have the key out and switch the radio on on my Active with touch screen and no CD, but it will only stay on for about a half-hour if memory serves (then 'Economy mode' kicks in).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Active + with radio / CD no touchscreen. I have tried holding down the on off knob etc. as have the service people at the main dealer's. It seems really odd that there is no way the radio can be on without the ignition. There isn't even a second, aux, position on the key?

I understand that the touch screen models have the annoyance of the radio turning on at each start even when turned off ? In this day and age you would think that small, but annoying things like these could be solved!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi MBM

Just to let you know that I have never had anything connected to Aux and I can still select it. It stays on ux until I select otherwise (touch screen model). Ken

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had bought a new Peugeot 208 1.2 VTI 5 door on the 7th February 2014 and found that the radio/cd would not work whilst parked up somewhere and by switching on the ignition it still would not work but in the manual it says that the radio, windscreen wipers, the dipped head lights and interior light should work, and when I rang another Peugeot dealer, they said that the radio should work when the ignition is in position one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts