Peugeot 208 Forums banner

241 - 248 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had our 208 almost a month now and done over 1k miles: good mixture of different types of roads and short / long trips.

1.2 Litre 208 averaging 47 mpg.

Can get a little more out of it by driving extremely conservatively, gets a lot less on short trips / in town.

Think that's pretty decent, very pleased with the money I'll be saving in the long term on my commute.

·
Registered
10 Posts
66 Plate 208 Allure 1.6 HDI 100 Blue.

I have just over 4000 miles on the trip meter, motorway and urban driving with 65.6 mpg!

I'm happy with this!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cannot understand how some of you get such high fuel economy :eek:
I get about 5-5.5 l/100km when driving alone on a highway, about 3.9-4.5 in city. The car's gasoline and 1.2 liter.
I've also noted that I get better economy when my car is full, I once got a 2.9 average on the highway with 5 passengers and a trunk full of bags. I'm not entirely sure how that's even possible, but I got over 1000 kms on a single tank.

I usually get 800 kms per tank, but driving conservatively I've been able to hit 900.

I'd like to hear some suggestions on how you guys keep the consumption so low, I don't drive much faster than 90 km/h on the highway anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, I have just purchased a 1.2 allure 2015 plate, had done 18,000 miles, i seem to be getting really bad mpg from it, are all the 1.2 allure 82bhp? I wasnt given a handbook with mine, so ive had to learn a lot for myself as didnt buy from a peugeot dealer. The first day i had it it drank through £20 if petrol and i only took it around my town a few times to try it out, (i have no idea how to use the trip counter, so if anybody could give me the easy guide, i know how to get the trip counter up but its on the previous owners trips). I put another £15 in

Day 2, didnt go very far, about 30 minute drive and drank through a fair bit.

Day 3, 1hr.40min drive to york and had to top up another £10 half way, on the way back i topped up another £10 as it was looking low again, near red. (how long do these things drive in the red? i used to drive my 107 for ages, and it was 1.0 and £20 would have lasted like a month!!!! im barely getting a day out of my 208). Ive been reading some old the old posts on this thread, is there any evidence that the more mileage the car does the better the mpg becomes? Ive still got a couple of days to change my mind about the car, if its using this much petrol its becoming too unaffordable. My mums ex 206 coupe 1.6 did better mileage.. By the way before abybody thinks im slating the 208, i do love it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 1.2 allure is getting better it now done 350 miles and now getting 38 MPG . As I said in a previous thread my Alfa Mito had a running in program set in the ECU till it got to 1000 miles then it ran much better and the MPG went up , not saying peugeot is the same .
Is there a software which can be installed to better the fuel economy on 208 1.2

please let me know

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
2018 Bps with 13500 miles and mix of A, B and motorway driving. I average 39.7mpg.
That and a million smiles per gallon!

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
My little monster (ok - 65 plate 1.2 110 auto) has 46k on the trip, and the fuel economy is getting better with each trip. Urban driving, getting 38 / 39 mpg but mway (using cruise control set to 72mph) I am getting 55 mpg.

That and plenty of smiles at the pure fun of being able to drop the throttle and scare the ? out of "prestige" marques who think that a small car has no guts.

241 - 248 of 248 Posts