Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be useful to keep a single thread to track MPG.

So what about if you post your model / engine / miles / MPG here and we'll try and work out an average and track to see if MPG improves with miles on the clock.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
1.4 HDI Actives
Mine - 3500 miles lifetime average 55.6 , but can get over 60 mpg if im good

Wife's - 2600 miles lifetime average 58.3 and she's had over 65 mpg .

·
Registered
10 Posts
212 miles on the clock so far39 mpg average
mainly short journeys around town

That had better improve dramatically, well off the 65mpg claimed around town, but then I've not really clocked up many miles.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
208 active 1.4vti900 Miles mostly urban driving 41mpg
Acording to the hand book
you will not get true Average untill you have
done 1800
my average speed over the last 439 miles is 19mph

Edited by: davy b

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
My 1.2 allure is getting better it now done 350 miles and now getting 38 MPG . As I said in a previous thread my Alfa Mito had a running in program set in the ECU till it got to 1000 miles then it ran much better and the MPG went up , not saying peugeot is the same .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I take back what I said about the poor mpg mine's now getting a lot better. I got 496 miles out of one tank...
I agree with the last post though, I did the proper MPG calculation and it came out around 50.5, a whole 10% less than the computer was saying.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Measuring fuel consumption at the pump isn't all that accurate either.
They cut off when filling by pressure, and this can differ from pump to pump or conditions, so you wont always get exactly the same amount of fuel in the tank each time you fill.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Allure 1.2 , really poor to start with average of 31-35 urban now 6 months and 2200 later and getting between 46-50 well happy :)

1 - 20 of 248 Posts