Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,I am a new member to the 208 owners club.

I recently bought a 208 active (62) There is a whining noisefrom the gearbox that goes away when freewheeling,there also is a bumping noise from the front right hand side,i took the car to Peugeot dealer

where the said it required a wheel bearing as that was where the noise was coming from .The new bearing did not make any difference. They said the noise from the gearbox was normal for all 208.

can anyone tell me if these are common faults .

much appreciated

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the forum. I drive an active 1.2 with the five speed manual gearbox and I don't experience any whining noises at all either in drive or when freewheeling.

Edited by: NickyNoogle

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I had the knocking front strut when hitting small bumps etc. Apparently its normal operation of the suspension. My solve, fit coilovers haha.
As for gearbox mine rattles its tits off when cold. No noise while driving however and no issues with operation

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Ill start worrying when it hits the floor and I drive over it. As of now it makes a noise for maybes 20 seconds. Like a rattle. Then goes quiet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your reply ,I also was told by Peugeot that it could be stut but could not replace it as it wasn't leaking I would just have to let it develop !

I jacked up front of car and removed both wheels ,The only thing I could see movement in was the lower wishbone rubber mount ,it wasn't burst buthadmore movement than what Iwould like ,the front wishbone mount was more rigid ,I think this must bePeugeot thing .

Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts