Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this problem, got a knocking noise coming from the nearside front suspension on compression. Sounds to me like a bush has gone, or possibly the strut top. Will be on the phone to my local dealer tomorrow to get her booked in for sorting. But as its only done 300 miles
I am not impressed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, has your problem been sorted and do you mind sharing what it was. Got the same noise and only done 1000miles.

thanks

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I have had a problem similar to this since having the car. Last week I had new suspension because of the tapping/knocking noise but the noise is still there but worse than what it originally was!.When driving to work in the morning is when its really bad, when I leave in the afternoon and drive home, the tapping/knocking is not there, but a slight squeak instead?? I really don't get it and is really getting me down.

I will mention to the Peugeot mechanics about the engine mounts bradshaw, I really hope it is something like that, I just want this problem sorting!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
speaking of knocking, i've had some recently, and i thought it was my new lowering springs not sitting correctly in the struts. checked the car over today, and found that the bloke at the garage who fitted them had left his impact wrenches 21mm socket which was rolling around by the top strut bolt...

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Haha! Classical! Many of times have I found some poor mechanics tools on a car I've just started working on.First rule when you've finished a job... wipe your tools down and put them away so you know everything is there.

The knocking noise was there on mine but Peugeot couldn't find anything wrong. Has gone now I've fitted the new struts etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts