Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1.2 14 plate 208 and since having it it's made a squeaking / whooshing noise as I go over a speed bump. Changed a suspected wish bone and still doing it. The weird thing is when the car warms up or on a warm day its quieter or completely goes silent.
It passed a MOT 2 weeks before I got it with no advisories. Theres nothing I can physically see wrong with any other joint of part. I've tried bouncing the car up and down when stood on the drive and still nothing.

Any ideas guys and girls and thanks in advance

James

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 1.2 14 plate 208 and since having it it's made a squeaking / whooshing noise as I go over a speed bump. Changed a suspected wish bone and still doing it. The weird thing is when the car warms up or on a warm day its quieter or completely goes silent.
It passed a MOT 2 weeks before I got it with no advisories. Theres nothing I can physically see wrong with any other joint of part. I've tried bouncing the car up and down when stood on the drive and still nothing.

Any ideas guys and girls and thanks in advance

James

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope I have literally just come in from looking again for what feels like the 3000 time. Mine is left hand side itermitant and goes or changes to a slight knock when it gets warm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update.. the squeak has gone it's now just a knock and I've been told it's the track rods. Having them changed next week will update then

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.. the squeak has gone it's now just a knock and I've been told it's the track rods. Having them changed next week will update then

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fitted new struts L and R today still no better got home and tried greasing the anti role bar bush and wallaahhhhhhhh sorted ... 2 indipentant garages were adamant it was the shocks and inner track rods but luckily I've fitted the parts myself so saved on labour but still 400 quid in would have liked to keep in the bank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts