Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone has fitted asub wooferI, if so which kind and how it wasachieved. I.e. RCA inputs.

The reasoning behind this is I have a vibe 12" and am wanting to know if it is possible to have it fitted to the standard head unit.

I have also seen a under seat woofer that connects into the rear speaker wire and decodes the sound. Sounds a good idea but it would mean I will have to spend another £150 which I am reluctant to do as I have a good one laying around.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
33 Posts
After having the car for a week, there is a certain punch lacking in the audio department (coming from a 607 with the JBL set-up specced), so any ICE tips gratefully received here as well. Thinking a sub is necessary too, the OEM speakers are too "middy" and don't handle bass well at all IMO...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've installed Focal 2 way components in the front doors. They are hooked up to an Alpine 320 2 channel amp under the passenger seat, using high level speaker outputs (just tap into the front speaker wires). Then i have a neat little Alpine 815 active sub in the boot, where i have extended the power and speaker cable from the amp under the passenger seat. The sub filters out the low frequency from the front speakers, whilst the front speakers and tweeters run through their own crossovers to filter the correct frequency for the high and mid channels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts