Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just got a 2014 208 with a single din head unit and only front speakers is it possible to change it for the touch screen sat nav system and add rear speakers?

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
it is possible yes. not sure if you want to go down the SMEG (old 208 headunit), RCC/NAC or a different headunit.

their are plenty of Android headunits now designed for the 208 on ebay/amazon

plenty to choose from

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi just got a 2014 208 with a single din head unit and only front speakers is it possible to change it for the touch screen sat nav system and add rear speakers?
As Toxic mentioned, there are a number of options which should fit straight in to replace the single DIN unit. I wouldn't recommend the Android option unless you are really keen to try it. I fitted one myself last year and can't say I am overly impressed with it. Its a Daisata 10.5", which allows a decent satnav to be installed, but the DAB radio side of it is absolutely awful as it doesn't use the car's standard radio aerial. The basic non-DAB radio is OK though, unless you don't like Fisher-Price displays, as the one that mine came with is garbage, and it doesn't allow an alternative to be installed. I stream DAB from my phone to the head unit for best reception, using mobile data, which is something you can do with the standard OEM touchscreen unit as far as I can remember.

Good luck with your search!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts