Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 208 active and i just changed the steering wheel to the leather one ( like the allure ) and it dosent seem quite straight , any suggestions please ?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Hi total you will have to go and get the tracking
Done at your local garage they will set the will straight
Along with the wheels.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
It will take a few attempts to get the steeringwheel straight, they will have to drive the car to see the angle of the steering wheel and thenmake the adjustment.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
They should be able to get it straight using laser alignment kit, no driving necessary.

Have you got any photo's/instructions of how to get the airbag and wheel off as changing for a leather one is something I'm thinking of doing to mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No i dont as i didnt do it myself but my mechanic .It seemed to be ok at first but now its a little off center and believe me it is annoying

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
You will have to remove the wheel and refit it. I believe it will be fit to a splined shaft? All you will have done is fit it a spline out either left or right. If it was okay before you changed the wheel than this is the case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No its not a matter of removing the wheel as there is one splines which is wider then the rest ,therfor you cannot fix the wheel wrong .

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Yes they have a center spline so you cannot get it wrong plus be careful of the airbag ribbon as if thats in the wrong place you will have lots of problems with the steering angle sensor . I work in a body shop and have just changed a dash on a 3008 with all new airbags and a new steering wheel as you have to change it when the airbag goes off and that had a center spline so the wheel is in the correct place you will also have to get the airbag ECU reset good luck

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Has anyone got any instructions on how to remove the wheel please?
I've managed to find a leather one to replace my plastic one but I don't know how to release the airbag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
<a name="_GoBack"></a>It's completely the same with my
1,6 e-HDi Allure

The steering wheel is slightly off course to the right

As my car was a demo, with 5000 kilometers on the
clock, I haven't complained over it yet, but is considering to do so, as my
little allure is coming up on it's first servicing

My suspicion is though, that the car is born with ""fault""�
from the factory as other cars owned by friends, colleagues and family like
Audi A4 (2007), Golf VII GTi Performance (2013), Audi A6 3.0 TDi Quadro Allroad