Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would let you see the whp (wheel horsepower) figures from stock to a stage 2 tune measured with an airtemp of 25c in the shade (hot day basically!).
*Whp is the power measured at the wheels, the 197bhp(200ps) quoted by Peugeot is before that power goes through the gearbox and drivetrain if that helps.You can seebelow youlose 17bhp by the time the power gets to the wheels.

I have stock exhaust and turbo. Upgraded intercooler(Airtec),air filter (Pipercross), Forge motosport dump valve and Ecu stage 2(AMD tuning),

Stock(OME) was

180whp
203ft-lb (275nm) torque

With Airtec intercooler only

187whp
221ft-lb (300nm) torque

With intercooler, air filter and stage 2 remap its

213whp
255ft-lb (345nm) torque

Costs were just under £1000(although we fitted the intercooler ourselves)and with the stage 2 the figures are speed wise
1/4 mile is 0.6secs faster.
0-60 approx. 6.3 secs

Happy tuning everyone!

Edited by: Comkotes

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Nice info with good results. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very Good! I have Almost the same Like you at the gti, but I have sport exhaust. Where i Could not find IS better air intake. I just remplaced the OEM filter for a K&N filter. Do you have Any recomendation for me about the intake? I saw IT from forge, but they discontinued IT because it caused some problems to engine. Thanx in advance for Any help ! CHEers!

·
Banned
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi coletti,
Good to hear from you and thanks for your question. The answer is ,still no replacement for the air intake, I believe the problem is moving the maf sensor that caused forge's kits downfall and as yet no one else advertises a complete induction kit for the GTI , I think for the 2-4bhp increase and much less than that in whp its a step i'm not going to take though I do love induction noise,

Ive got a hissing dump valve anyway that sounds nice maybe get one of them instead?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanx for your recomendations. Actually i put the forge bow and recirculation valve last month and IT IS HIGHly recomended to improve reprise. Turbo rises rpm Quicker. Very nice against To Any car...

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thought I would let you see the whp (wheel horsepower) figures from stock to a stage 2 tune measured with an airtemp of 25c in the shade (hot day basically!).
*Whp is the power measured at the wheels, the 197bhp(200ps) quoted by Peugeot is before that power goes through the gearbox and drivetrain if that helps.You can seebelow youlose 17bhp by the time the power gets to the wheels.

I have stock exhaust and turbo. Upgraded intercooler(Airtec),air filter (Pipercross), Forge motosport dump valve and Ecu stage 2(AMD tuning),

Stock(OME) was

180whp
203ft-lb (275nm) torque

With Airtec intercooler only

187whp
221ft-lb (300nm) torque

With intercooler, air filter and stage 2 remap its

213whp
255ft-lb (345nm) torque

Costs were just under £1000(although we fitted the intercooler ourselves)and with the stage 2 the figures are speed wise
1/4 mile is 0.6secs faster.
0-60 approx. 6.3 secs

Happy tuning everyone!

Edited by: Comkotes
Hi camkotes,

Was wondering if this required forged internals,

If not has the car still not blown up?

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts