Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise how to stop the really irritating squeak that comes from where my drivers seatbelt clips in whilst driving?

It squeaks whenever the seatbelt is plugged in and any little bump on the road makes it squeak! I have tried putting an elastic band round it, as it seems to stop if I squeeze it whilst driving, but the elastic band didn't help!

If anyone knows of a way to stop this squeak, please share! I'll be forever grateful!

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try a silicone based dash cleaner inside the clasp, works wonders on squeaky interiors and trim items. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I'm looking for a solution to this as well. Both my driver's and passenger's seatbelt clip sockets are extremely squeaky. It seems to be the design of the plastic casing, thin plastic with multiple joins and flex points.

Anyone come up with a permanent fix or know if this part of the seatbelt can be replaced for something less audible?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I took my car back to peugeot twice for this, but it has started squeaking again. They lubed it up with grease if i can remeber and it worked for a while. I find the flex is in the outer casing away from the seat I'd have thought securing it in place with glue would stop the weakness in joint, yet to have a fiddle.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Bumping this as no luck with dealers, lubrication, or elastic bands. Makes the car sound like it's put together so badly and has become a source of rage and despair every car journey.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I have managed to drastically improve the noise problems with my seatbelt. I flooded the seatbelt clasp with 3 in 1 chain wax. I was reluctant at first because there is a small microswitch inside the clasp for the seatbelt warning alarm. But out of frustration and anoyance and trying everything else I gave it a shot. The only time it now squeaks is when I lean right forward. But it no longer does it whilst cornering or pressing down on the clutch pedal.

The passenger side has also started doing the same so that will also get a good dose of chain wax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts