Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else got seriously squeaky front seats? It's got to the point where I can hear the driver's seat creaking and squeaking all the time, going round corners, depressing the clutch, etc. It seems to be the foam padding rubbing up against the metal frame but it's driving me nuts, I've never known a car seat to be so noisy!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Yes! Im so glad someone else has this! (Not happy that you have it just that someone else shares the annoyance) Thought it might just be me due to the stiffened ride and fat relatives.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Ill be looking into this soon. Off work again in 2 weeks time to get more mods done so ill let you know what I find. It is frame to frame squeak on both sides

·
Registered
8 Posts
My seat is OK, apart from if i lean right over to the passenger door it'll creak, BUT my seatbelt button drives me insane with its constant squeaking!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Well im off as of now and I have fixing this on my to do list so ill keep yous informed

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Well stephmx5 your right. Its the seatbelt that squeaks. The button bit only when the seatbelt is clicked in. If you leave it off and jump around on the seat then it doesn't speak. Plug it in and it goes crazy. I dunno how to go around fixing it though as I wouldn't advice oiling or greasing.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My seat belt buckle squeaks too. But give the front of the seat and the spongy outer leg side support areas a press down, squeaks like mad!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Mines okay like. Just the seat belt squeak. Does it on both sides too. Easy fix, crank up the music!

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Figured out today that it's coming from the plastic holding clips. Attached to the fabric of the seat at the front and sides are strips of plastic that clip onto the seat frame. It's these bits that are squeaking. Going to see if I can lubricate the frame a little and re-clip.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Bluefin, can you not get a thin peice of material at put that in wherever the clips go? So the clips aldo clip the material which packs them out to stop any movement?

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I took my 208 back, they inserted foam rubber between the clips and seat frames. However, although the creaking has eased when driving in a straight line, going round corners or over a bumpy surface, the noise is really annoying.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I had a creaking drivers seat which was eventually cured by having the backrest frame replaced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts