Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my GTI a week and the clutch squeaks, which is quite annoying. It also clicks about half way down

Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've not had the click but my clutch started squeaking at 500 miles,(just on the the initial movement -top 10-20mm). Sounded as though it was right at the top of the pedal. The good news is, it's now stopped at 600 miles!I did wonder whether I'd pushed it further to the floor on a few occasions, probably in annoyance and that had settled it in a bit more.
I know, I didn't think it made sense either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I spoke too soon, the squeak is back. It's in for the 1000m check next week, I'll let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has any one got this sorted as im at 600 miles and its been clicking and makes ing a noise since 300. Doing my head in lol. And the light rattles. Will bring this up at the 1000 mile check.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pleased to report the squeaking clutch has been eliminated at the 1000m look over.Dealer fitted a new clutch switch, this is the clicking noise you hear when depressing the clutch. The switch does something clever with the engine management unit and assists emissions and economy-I think!
All the Gti's they have sold have had the same issue. It was a few days wait for the part and 40 minutes fitting.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Haven't had the problem with mine. Also, I suppose the switch disables the cruise / speed limiter. I don't know what else it would do.

PS. Tried it on the afternoon commute. Depressing the clutch doesn't switch off the speed limiter.
Edited by: Specnut727

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
mine started lastnightdriving me crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !it wont do it inneutral only when changing gears or setting off

1 - 11 of 11 Posts