Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
does anyone have details about how to remove the speedo/cluster?

I`m from Brazil and 208 models here don´t have the fuel / temp gauge as regular needle style, they are all digitals . I don´t like it as it is not accurate. So I bought European model and now need to replace it.

Original Cluster

European version cluster I bought

So now I`m looking for instructions on how to start removing the cluster so I can replace it.

Does anyone have any details on how doing that? So I don´t brake anything...

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just did it .simple as long as you understand the details.

Remove touchscreen panel.
Remove the touchscreen base and also the piece of plastic that goes under the cluster and around the touchscreen base.
Remove 2 screws from the speedo cluster.
Need a special tool to pull the speedo out as it is locked behind by 2 pins.

Now my simple speedo and trip computer has been replaced by the European version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I'm trying to remove the speedo cluster too, your post was helpful, but what does the special tool look like?
Does it push the pins in or hook onto and pull something towards you like the Mercedes tool?
Thanks....

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shane1258 said:
Hi,
I'm trying to remove the speedo cluster too, your post was helpful, but what does the special tool look like?
Does it push the pins in or hook onto and pull something towards you like the Mercedes tool?
Thanks....
I'm not familiar with mercedes tool.
Basically is a thin tool with an end like a hook

So you can put the tool by the tiny space around the speedo cluster and beneath the dashboard cover which can't be removed. Once it go all the way till the end, you just turn the tool around, like 90degree, so the hook stays behind the cluster so you can pull it and force to unlock the pressure pins which are on each side of cluster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts