Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Yes mate. 100%

If you plan on getting 300bhp out of your engine you will need to. Just adding upgrades to the engine won't effect the power as the engine map is set at what it is. The reason for upgrading engine parts is so it can deal with the new map better. The basic stuff for a remap is:
""¢uprated intercooler
""¢uprated injectors
""¢fuel pump and regulator
""¢induction kit
""¢exhaust system
""¢recirculation valve

To get 300bhp though your gonna have to go much much further.

New pistons, new cams with valves, springs and followers, bigger turbo, bigger oil cooler, waterpump (if it runs off cam belt) uprated clutch, cool running thermostat...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Spot on there duff those extra few horses cost more n more for everyone. Im not 2 sure of the block ratings on these but i do kno the new rcz-r running the 1.6 turbo has fully forged f1 internals and is rated for upto 399bhp (engine swap anyone ;) )

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Duffy said:
Yes mate. 100%

If you plan on getting 300bhp out of your engine you will need to. Just adding upgrades to the engine won't effect the power as the engine map is set at what it is. The reason for upgrading engine parts is so it can deal with the new map better. The basic stuff for a remap is:
""¢uprated intercooler
""¢uprated injectors
""¢fuel pump and regulator
""¢induction kit
""¢exhaust system
""¢recirculation valve

To get 300bhp though your gonna have to go much much further.

New pistons, new cams with valves, springs and followers, bigger turbo, bigger oil cooler, waterpump (if it runs off cam belt) uprated clutch, cool running thermostat...
Looking forward to about 3 years time when I start down this road!

What we need is a good pic/spec of the 208 sport GTi. Would like to know what extras it's running to hit 300bhp.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Seany7 said:
Spot on there duff those extra few horses cost more n more for everyone. Im not 2 sure of the block ratings on these but i do kno the new rcz-r running the 1.6 turbo has fully forged f1 internals and is rated for upto 399bhp (engine swap anyone ;) )

Hopefully a few people will write there's off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts