Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTI was delivered in July. It has been back to the dealer 8 times now with various software issues. The main problems being that the entire system shuts down when it feels like it - managed this 6 times in one short trip. The radio changes channel, the speaker balance alters, iPod control is useless, and various other random issues. Needless to say the satnav looks great but refuses to accept any meaningful inputs. Today I was called in for a complete software upgrade. The version I am now running is dated May of 2013, previously I was on the January version, so it has changed.

I have yet to discover if the unit will stay on and not switch off, and indeed if the other strange faults have been fixed. But there is no update to the satnav - you still can't put post codes in, there is still no voice recognition, nor better iPod control, nor a selection of skins or colours.

Does anyone have a more up to date software? Has anyone tried downloading SMEG updates from GPS underground?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
As far as the radio changing channels, I have a similar experience but the reason is simple. If you are using DAB radio, the radio will re-aquire the radio station if it looses signal strength, it just takes a second.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Golfguy, the radio changing stations has been noted by a few owners, I was one of them. It had nothing to do with RDS or finding the automatic retuning, the system would literally change to a random station regardless of DAB/Analogue. In my case, and I suspect the others, it was actually due to a fault with the touchscreen sending false touch-input signals to the SMEG unit. My replacement touchscreen has been fine so far, fingers crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts