Peugeot 208 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Although the dealer has yet to call back with any further update my wife hasn't had the rebooting issue for a few weeks now. The only difference is she no longer has a USB stick plugged in. I'm wondering if there is a possible voltage issue with the USB socket.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
No. Mine would come and go a week at a time, when it would have the reboot issue. Also I didn't have a usb drive in most of the time and it would still happen. My dealer was told by the software company (going by the data they got off my unit) that it was a DAB issue. If they disabled the DAB (through the software) the reboot issue would go away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi.

My curent SMEG version is 6.05 (Feb 2015).

I took mine in last week and they said that what causes the problem is when the Menu button is held down, it causes something called 'Spylog' to run and fills the memory - whatever that means.

They said they cleared the log and it hasn't happened since - hopefully it wont come back in a few weeks!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
mallybee said:
Hi.

My curent SMEG version is 6.05 (Feb 2015).

I took mine in last week and they said that what causes the problem is when the Menu button is held down, it causes something called 'Spylog' to run and fills the memory - whatever that means.

They said they cleared the log and it hasn't happened since - hopefully it wont come back in a few weeks!

Mine is an updated 208 (July this year). The software update fixed my problem.
<div style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">System software - SMEG 6.1.D.R.8
<div style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"> CD 30468
<div style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"> 11.09.15
<div style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Bluetooth Software - 1.2.0
<div style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"> 11.09.15
<div style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Display Software - 40.19
<div style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"> 11.9.15

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
my car wouldnt allow the update.took the the dealer who tried to update but failed.
told me it may require a new head unit so they taking car off me for a few days

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep its back again. Twice in the space of 3 months.
This time it happened straight after streaming music from my phone via Bluetooth. Resets every two minutes.
I've contacted Peugeot directly and they stated that the technical team are working on a resolution right now and should have a fix in 'the not too distant future'. I'm dubious about that since the issue has been happening for so long. They stated that the latest update won't resolve the issue.
I stated to Peugeot that I'm concerned that they are selling a product (touchscreen)that has a known fault without informing the customer.

My car is booked in again so depending on the outcome I may contact Consumer Advice about it as I've been sold a product that is faulty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Out of interest what phones are you using?
When I first got my 2015 208GTi the unit rebooted every so often like you are all describing. I took it back to the dealer and they installedSMEG 6.1.D.R.8 update but it still rebooted.

At the time I had a Oneplus Two and out of curiosity I tried connecting my tablet to the car via bluetooth and it never rebooted. I then tried my older OnePlus One and that connected fine also with no reboots. I now have a HTC E9 which I bought hoping for mirrorlink. That connects via bluetooth fine with no reboots.

The OnePlus Two still crashes the unit as soon as it connects via bluetooth. I have also seen someone on here saytheirOnePlus X crashes the unit.

So maybe try a different device to connect to it as it maybe a issue with the phones bluetooth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Mark.

Thank you for your reply.

I should have updated the foum earlier.

I took my car back to the dealer and they updated the SMEG to the same version of yours and the issue seems to be resolved. The dealer confirmed that the earlier version of the SMEG had rebooting isues.

I've used two phones, an LG G3 and my current one, a Samsung Galaxy S6 and have connected them via USB and bluetooth and the issue hasn't came back yet.

So for everyone haing the rebooting issue, hopefully the resolution is to take your car to a dealer and get the SMEG updated to the latest version.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
mark.silcock said:
Out of interest what phones are you using?
When I first got my 2015 208GTi the unit rebooted every so often like you are all describing. I took it back to the dealer and they installedSMEG 6.1.D.R.8 update but it still rebooted.

At the time I had a Oneplus Two and out of curiosity I tried connecting my tablet to the car via bluetooth and it never rebooted. I then tried my older OnePlus One and that connected fine also with no reboots. I now have a HTC E9 which I bought hoping for mirrorlink. That connects via bluetooth fine with no reboots.

The OnePlus Two still crashes the unit as soon as it connects via bluetooth. I have also seen someone on here saytheirOnePlus X crashes the unit.

So maybe try a different device to connect to it as it maybe a issue with the phones bluetooth.

the crashing is due to the way syncs are handled by some Headunits and Phones.

I just took ownership of my 208 GTI yesterday but phone was rebooting the HU. Using a Oneplus 2 or Oneplus X

fix for this is to use a 3rd party app from Google Play.

Trial version:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmctest&hl=en_GB

Paid version:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmc&hl=en_GB

all i know is my phone now syncs to a group I want from my Google Contacts to us with the phone.

it now works. fix cost me £1.29 ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like it’s been a while on this thread but I’m hoping someone can help me. I bought a Peugeot 208 GTline 2016 and I’m having the exact same issue, seems to be very common. Is there an actual solution to the problem now I’ve read lots of conflicting articles that all seem to have different solutions to the same problem.
Car play locks up, music skips all over the place then the whole system reboots

I’m on version SMEG6.1D.R19

CD 30489 dated 23-11-15

I get the impression the previous owner didn’t change anything on this car from new (multiple MOT failures for discs pads etc) so wouldn’t surprise me that he/she lived with this for a few years without fixing it.

thanks in advance!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts