Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i got hold of a peugeot 308 radio unit with DAB,FM,BLUETOOTH, USB and SAT NAV im wondering if it will fit my 208 which has DAB,FM,BLUETOOTH,USB but no sat nav, the only thing ive noticed is the 308 unit has 2 usb on back,will it be a straight swap with vin coding or will i have to do more,or just not compatible at all, mine is smeg unit, 308 is smeg+ regards steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello Steve,
as it is coming from a different car model, it will have to be calibrated to the paramaters of a 208 and then first it will be possible to code it to your car. Appart from that, you will need a satnav antena in order to make the navigation work. The two USB on the back is just a plus, so you will be able to fit two USB sockets on the front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Steve,
as it is coming from a different car model, it will have to be calibrated to the paramaters of a 208 and then first it will be possible to code it to your car. Appart from that, you will need a satnav antena in order to make the navigation work. The two USB on the back is just a plus, so you will be able to fit two USB sockets on the front.
Thanks for the information,do you know how I would go about getting it calibrated to my 208, can it be done with diagbox or is it a dealers only. Regards

·
Registered
38 Posts
It cannot be done with Diagbox and the dealers will probably not do it either. But luckily for you, there is a guy in the UK that can do this kind of jobs. I will drop you a private message with the contact details.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi I'm just curious but can I fit any smeg unit in my 208.seen a few cheap ones with sat nav and blue connector on back, coding is not a problem,identical to mine apart from blue connector, I have the arial already. Regards

·
Registered
38 Posts
If they come from a 208, it is just a matter of coding. If they come from a 2008, it will not be much trouble either. Anything else must be calibrated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last question I hope, I have found a unit without DAB, do I need DAB if my unit has it, do all smeg units have Bluetooth as found one with satnav but no DAB,will this be ok. Cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can ask as often as you need :)

If the unit doesnt have DAB, you will not have DAB. It is that easy :)

All units SHOULD have bluetooth. It is prehistoric (bluetooth 1.0) but it works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi i got a unit fitted and all works now,but is it normal for the satnav be on screen all the time,when change fm station it will go back to satnav screen without navigation. regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's ok now,I rectified it by accident, I pressed the screen button to see what mpg I was doing then pressed it again to come off it and it went back on radio screen instead of sat nav,updated maps to latest today, so happy changed unit now, thanks again for your responses

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's ok now,I rectified it by accident, I pressed the screen button to see what mpg I was doing then pressed it again to come off it and it went back on radio screen instead of sat nav,updated maps to latest today, so happy changed unit now, thanks again for your responses

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi ive got a 2016 model, i reallyyyy want to udate my screen, can you please tell me how you did it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi I bought a diagbox obd vci off aliexpress,I put the software on laptop with version 7.82 in order to change vin number on smeg module,I then got a unit I needed with satnav and installed it,I bought gps adapter with blue connector on and just put it in dash,think was about £5 , to change vin, all I did was fault find with diagbox and telematics has a fault,cause of vin, did repair,configuration,manual configuration, then vin identification, and just put your car vin number and click on cogs,bottom right, which is to write, then all done, total time about 10 min, install and change vin, regards steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts