Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what seems like eternity she is actual on english soil.

Not been overly impressed by the dealership keeping us upto date on the goings on but after looking at the paperwork on saturday the dates for build have been bouncing around like a pinball. He gave me the impression that they have been as frustrated with the whole process aswell and said that they are experiencing it on most 208 orders of late. Now pushing 11 weeks from order, those damn extras.

On the back of the dealers most up to date information we went and sold our car on saturday and got £900 more than the trade in price ... which was nice ... the only down side is the wife moaning about being without a car for a week.

The only saving grace if the car doesn't turn up on saturday is that we have a promise from the dealership of a loaner until it arrives due to all the messing about ... let's see if they are true to their word, although we have an inside lady who is more than happy to apply pressure wherever needed.

Fingers crossed for a happy Saturday pick up.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I know what u mean but the extras are worth the wait . I ordered mine middle October been told will get it in December .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BREAKING NEWS

Call from dealer she's on a transporter on her way to them , should arrive today!!

Looking very positive for Saturday

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Did you hear on the news about the car transporter that crashed writing off all the peugeot cars it had on board........

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
LOL
rubberball you horrible *******!
jrnoakes put up some photo's when you get a chance. I was tempted to get awhite car myself but thought they'll be too common in the next few months. Still think it's a great colour for the 208 though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the delayed response.

Picked her up on Saturday and she's a beaut.

Although it's my wife's car I think I was more excited than her.

The down side ... it's my wife's car and I've only been allowed to drive it once thus far

Will be washing her on Sunday and will be taking some snaps for the record and will try to get them up on the siteas soon as possible after that.

Early signs are very good ... but I appreciate it's early days.

The only moan my wife has had is that she has taken to driving in leather gloves as the aluminium gear knob is very very cold, nice to look at but cold to use ... how many more months until it get warm? .... oh yeah forgot we live in England it could be sometime!!!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Wait until summer - the gear knob will burn ! - Mind you probably ok in this country !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts