Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any members had their 208 serviced yet ? I was reading an article in Auto Express where they had their 208 serviced and the total cost was £295 !! Seems a bit expensive for a 1.2 car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine is not due until June but i'm paying £8 a month for Service Advantage by Evans Halshaw, they offered it to me when I bought my car and thought it would be cheaper then paying a one off fee when servicing it without. It includes a free wash and repairs and obviously checks and filling up of fluids e.t.c

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, my dealer runs their own servicing scheme which cost £650 for all servicing (parts and labour) for three years (including the first DOE test). Still seems quite costly for a 3 cylinder 1.2 but necessary in order to keep the warranty active. After three years I will probably revert to a local independent garage where I have always had my previous cars serviced at much more favourable rates.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
In Australia, all models, from all dealers, come with a 3 year fixed price service package at AUS$270 per year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine was £180 for 1st year for a 1.2 allure, taking out service plan for years 2 and 3, £18 per month, will save around £100 doing this as services in years 2 and 3 have more work on them and are more expensive

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As the 1st year service is due on my 1.2 allure, I phoned round some dealers to get an idea of cost.
First dealer.....£204....when I queried this he said it was £50 for the oil alone...mmm ?
Second dealer....£159.99...had he got this correct ?
Third dealer(the one that sold me the car)....£239....!! I said I had a quote of £159 from another dealer, and the reply was that would be for an interim service(?)
Well....I drove to the second dealer to make sure their quote was right.....yes...£159.99. So car booked in for Monday and it was a pleasant experience too.
So....check around if you have a choice in your area!!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes Steve.
Different companies who are Peugeot dealers. It is the worst aspect of owning a Peugeot I find. I would like to be treated like a valued customer, but I think many only see £££ signs !!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Car serviced today....all OK. Enquired about the lack of an oil warning light or message. This model allure 1.2 doesn't have either ! Bit odd .....but that's what I was told.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
tallpaul said:
Car serviced today....all OK. Enquired about the lack of an oil warning light or message. This model allure 1.2 doesn't have either ! Bit odd .....but that's what I was told.
hi paul where in kent did you get your car serviced as i do not have any faith in my local dealer in Tunbridge wells as i need a few warranty problems sorted out i am going to try the dealer in maidstone

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes..I went to Maidstone....always found them OK. Just an awkward place to get to !Best of luck....

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Had a quote today for a service on a 208 GTi and it was £210. Very different compared to the Peugeot Optiway Extra Service Plan which was quoted when we bought the car. For the 3 years the total cost was £891.59, which is a hell a lot more than £210 each year. Won't be going for that then!

·
Registered
10 Posts
All you have to do is take it to any garage which can given a vat invoice and use peugeot parts the job a good one don't use the dealers unless u got money to burn and your car will still be in warranty dealers will not tell u this a 12000 miles service £90 most

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just paid £175 for my Service!

Peugeot also did me the favour of losing my car key, which means I've been using the spare whilst I wait for a new one to come in on order, not happy at all!

Although they did brim my car with petrol and offer to do my next service for half price!

But still, piss poor effort from the dealership.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts